Sign in to follow this  
RecessedFilter

December Shotgun Shootout - LVSC or Clinton WMA??

LVSC or Clinton WMA?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. So what does everyone wanna do for our December Shootout, Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays or the usual Clinton WMA?

As many of you may know, I have started a monthly shotgun shootout which, so far, has been going very well. We have had good size groups come out, with all types of shooters, and everyone having fun.

If I recall correctly, we have not had a Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays event this year. I really have the itch for it as I went recently with a couple friends and thought to possibly switch our Clinton WMA spot with a LVSC event.

There have been some changes at LVSC that I just found out about last weekend, the major one being they have updated the course and they now have 3 courses - one for beginner, intermediate, and expert. There are a few minor changes that I forget now that I am talking about it, but that is basically it. I think it is good that they did this as it seems to have cut down on congestion/traffic problems. Plus it gives you a good route to go and doesn't make beginner shooters shoot advanced clays or expert shooters shoot easy clays. When we went last weekend, we did intermediate and I found it somewhat challenging but not too hard. My friends don't shoot too often so they thought it was a bit difficult and were a little upset we didn't do beginner.

So, what does everyone think? I'm thinking December 9th or 16th, both sundays, as possibly days.

TJ, can you expand on 'more more laid back'? I have been to LV 5 or 6 times and every time has been pretty laid back...no hassling from anyone, rules are enforced but not very strict (shoot safe and there are no issues), course pace is fine.

M4B, I went on last sunday the 14th. We got there at 9:45am, packed up and got in the golf cart and started shooting Station 1 around 10:15am. There were a good amount of people there but I wouldn't say it was crowded. We were going on a good pace from stations 1-10. Once we got into the last 4 or 5 stations that are in the large fields, there were a couple groups with 4-8 people in them so it got backed up a little bit. But honestly, I love just being out there watching other people shoot and whatnot so waiting is not a problem for me. We finished I think around like 12:30 or 1, I forget. It started getting crowded by that time though, when we got in line to pay there was about 10-12ppl in front of us and you could tell it was busy.

I would probably not be able to go to LV even though I want to. I just am tryin keep it as cheep as possable for me because I have not found a new job yet. But if you have it at clinton am down for either day.

TJ, can you expand on 'more more laid back'? I have been to LV 5 or 6 times and every time has been pretty laid back...no hassling from anyone, rules are enforced but not very strict (shoot safe and there are no issues), course pace is fine.

M4B, I went on last sunday the 14th. We got there at 9:45am, packed up and got in the golf cart and started shooting Station 1 around 10:15am. There were a good amount of people there but I wouldn't say it was crowded. We were going on a good pace from stations 1-10. Once we got into the last 4 or 5 stations that are in the large fields, there were a couple groups with 4-8 people in them so it got backed up a little bit. But honestly, I love just being out there watching other people shoot and whatnot so waiting is not a problem for me. We finished I think around like 12:30 or 1, I forget. It started getting crowded by that time though, when we got in line to pay there was about 10-12ppl in front of us and you could tell it was busy.

numerous times that I've been to LV, you can't skip a station, you must go to each station and wait in line if someone is in front of you. At M&M, you can skip stations, start at station 16 and work backwards, or shoot all 100 rds at one station if you want to.

I would probably not be able to go to LV even though I want to. I just am tryin keep it as cheep as possable for me because I have not found a new job yet. But if you have it at clinton am down for either day.

I have to agree with Glenn. It's easy to shoot off 8 boxes of shells and 5 cases of clays when you're shooting at a WMA, I say that cause I did that during the October shootout lol. At least with LV, you're only going to go through 4 boxes of shells max and everything else is paid for. If you split a golf cart with 4 people, you end paying $42 + your ammo for a fun-filled day, which isn't bad IMO.

numerous times that I've been to LV, you can't skip a station, you must go to each station and wait in line if someone is in front of you. At M&M, you can skip stations, start at station 16 and work backwards, or shoot all 100 rds at one station if you want to.

I guess it's your own preference. I have never really had the need to skip a station and if someone is taking long, I usually don't mind waiting. But I'm also very patient, especially with shooting, and I will gladly use up a full day at LV waiting for people every now and then versus getting home early lol.

I hear you guys and i would love to go to LV but going to clinton wil not cost me a thing as I already have shells and clays stocked up at home so going to clinton wont cost me a thing. Dont let me stop you guys though if its going to be at LV i will sit this one out and i will catch you guys nextime.

I have skipped stations at Lehigh and driven the cart right-around the course, they frown-upon you going counter-clockwise.

I have been to M&M and Cedar Creek so it doesn't matter to me, I will go to any of them! All three of them are the same distance from me, and none of them are close enough. :(

I think with Lehigh adding some stations, having you take more shots at fewer stations, will help things move-along. I prefer the orange and blue courses myself. I was told that eventually ALL the courses will work the same with a card. One thing I don't like about it is that it won't allow you to throw extra targets. I like the way we can throw extra targets at stations you like and pay extra for them at the end.

Well as of right now, both choices are very close with Clinton surpassing LV by one vote. With looking at what everyone has been saying, it looks like Clinton will be the winner.

But with that said, I would like to head out to LV soon anyway as a side event in December. So if anyone is down, let me know/PM me.

LVSC is too far of a drive for me.

TOM, IF YOU WANT TO MEET ME AT MY HOUSE I'LL DRIVE YA!

LIKE OTHERS....I VOTE FOR BOTH. For those that have never been to the LVSC place it's awesome. And more awesome if its not like -20 F like the last time there was a planned event to this location.