jerseygti337

Gun safe recomendations?

I'm looking to spend under $1500 for a safe to hold about 10 long guns and at least 5 pistols. I was sold on the Winchester safe at tractor supply until I felt the slop in the door. Anyone have some suggestions? My main concern is keeping the kids out and reasonable fire protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the market also, My budget is just not as big at this moment. but I need something to start with. Take a look here to get the information of what you are looking for.

http://www.stronggunsafes.com/discount-gun-safes.html

And then try shopping here.

http://www.gunsafes.com/store/Default.aspx

I'm looking to spend under $1500 for a safe to hold about 10 long guns and at least 5 pistols. I was sold on the Winchester safe at tractor supply until I felt the slop in the door. Anyone have some suggestions? My main concern is keeping the kids out and reasonable fire protection.

I had the same budget and I went with a Liberty. After I bought my safe though, I found out about Sturdy. If I had a chance to do it over, I'd go with Sturdy. Does your $1500 budget include delivery and installation?

It is usually better to buy bigger because the incremental increase in cost is less than the increase in space. But none of us are going to go through life with just one safe, so maybe spend more on a primary that will hold the important stuff, knowing it's going to start a family of its own.

Get something RSC or a Sturdy. If you have stuff highly desirable, or worth tens of thousands of dollars, you might need a REAL safe and/or insurance specifically for the items.

I'd rather have an RSC and an alarm system that will notify with the phone line cut than a Sturdy with no alarm system. The Sturdy is a huge step up but it's still not a real safe. The difference is you can't pry it open and would have to cut or torch a hole in it large enough to get the stuff out.

The Sturdy is a huge step up but it's still not a real safe. The difference is you can't pry it open and would have to cut or torch a hole in it large enough to get the stuff out.

really? pry opened? even with stainless shielding & 7 gauge ? anything can be opened but you'll need to bring some heavy heavy industrial tools