Sign in to follow this  
Big Mack

SVT 40 Sniper Set-up

I picked up P/U scope mount for my SVT from Sarco the other day and bought a replica scope online. The only ones Sarco had were WWII originals selling for $600 which is a little to steep for me right now. Anyway put the scope on today and it just looks nasty IMO. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any hint's on getting these sighted in and post some pic's. Thanks.

DSC_1090.jpg

DSC_1091.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1093.jpg

DSC_1094.jpg

Your best bet is going to be starting close and working your way out distance wise. Adjusting for elevation is going to just plain old suck though. That scope is high over the bore and adjusting elevation is going to be interesting.

Soo the usual deal. I figured the elevation was going to be a pain to adjust. Im planning on taking it out to R14 saturday morning and try to get some tight groups at 200 yards but we'll see, it'll only be the second time i shot the gun. At least thats the excuse im going with when i cant hit sh*t :facepalm:

Hows the cheek weld with that scope? It looks like it sits really high...

It's probably a good thing that scope is mounted so high, the sights on those rifles are rather low compared to most rifles that you need to lay your head over a good bit to use them.