Sign in to follow this  
BlueLineFish

Different Bayonne Paperwork

Well it looks like the new chief has changed up the paperwork and applications. It seems to be much shorter. It's the application, crim his and mental health forms along with a few forms that are just sign and date. They seem to just be informative legal documents. Also seems that there are now 5 officers in that dept. I don't know if the process has been expedited at all but it seems that things are changing for the better. Not that I ever had a problem with the process or delays

My references get letters, my lieutenant gets a verification letter. Maybe they just don't have to do the background checks because if anything came up ever they would be the first ones at my house. I have waited for permits. It's not like I g them next day

Well, I handed in my application and permit requests on November 13. Wishful thinking says that with the extra staff I can expect them to be ready by the end of the year. The realist in me says to expect them in the new year. I'm hoping sooner rather than later. :p

I still say its pathetic YOU need a permit and a background check! Not to mention the rest of us.

You are a brave man saying that around here. While I think the background check is needlessly redundant the permits are the law so everybody needs them no exceptions

When I got my FID and P2Ps a week or so ago, there was an officer in there along with what may have been a retired Det or other LEO helping get the paperwork straightened out. My guess is that they're getting crushed under number of requests along with some pressure to get stuff pushed through...