danshots

New Kimber Owner Looking For Ammo Recommendations

I'm a new owner of a Kimber Warrior. I was wondering if any experienced owners had any recommendations on ammo that works best/most consistent. Brand, grain, range and home defense use? I'd really like to be able to purchase in bulk when I see it on sale somewhere and would like to subvert having to spend $100's on trying out all the different brands and types just to find what works best Thanks for the help.

My TLE RL II eats pretty much anything. I reload my own and have experimented with all bullet types from wad cutter, hollow point, etc. Shot all of them reliably. As for highest quality factory ammo I wouldn't know I always get the cheap stuff. But as far as it going bang mine has done well with many brands.

I havent found anything that my Colt won't shoot. Focus on getting quality mags, this will rectify a lot of feed issues if they ever arise.

+1

Wilson Elite or 47d mags. Cobra Tripp mags. Both companies have reliable quality mags.

I havent found anything that my Colt won't shoot. Focus on getting quality mags, this will rectify a lot of feed issues if they ever arise.

+1 The magazine is the Achilles Heel of most firearms. Kimber or Wilson magazines are used for SD/HD. Mec-Gar and Government Surplus magazines are for the range.

Truly appreciate all the feedback. I'm a new gun owner and have a lot to learn from everyone.

No problem. Glad you're asking questions. I haven't been a firearms owner so long myself. Better to learn here than to learn the hard way and possibly hurting yourself.