Sign in to follow this  
johnp

Gun show this weekend

There's a show this weekend in Allentown. Eagle Arms website says 250 tables, I went to a show in Allentown ~a year ago and it kind of sucked.

Anyone going? Will there actually be anything for sale? That isn't triple its value.

I would avoid the show . It will be crowded and items online are also sparse. I'm lucky I got what I needed 1 month ago. Just browsing BCM online and seeing everything out of stock is unbelievable. Also BCM has been very active on Facebook spreading the word on protecting our 2a rights.

If you search online you'll find stuff. A lot of the shortages are on sites that get a lot of traffic or are well known. I just went in on a group buy of A LOT cases of ammo we split up. Gun broker has some good things still as well. It seems like most of the ppl who are nervous right now are the ppl who haven't been stocking up lol.

If you search online you'll find stuff. A lot of the shortages are on sites that get a lot of traffic or are well known. I just went in on a group buy of A LOT cases of ammo we split up. Gun broker has some good things still as well. It seems like most of the ppl who are nervous right now are the ppl who haven't been stocking up lol.

Want to point me in the right direction? I am stocked up, but I need more.

i went to the show today, prices were crazy. most of the dealers they used a sharpie to cover the previous prices on the tags and start to made the selling prices

People were buying semi-auto rifles left and right. Here are some examples of the prices that i saw today;

Colt AR's-$3,20+0, Wasr $1,600-$2100+, Bush xm15-es ar -$1900+, Ptr's $2,800, Milled Arsenal SLR101-$2200+

Ammo prices: Yugo 7,62x39 (1260 rounds)-$400-$750 for the case, .PMC 223 $600 for 1,000 rounds

I usually never go, but wanted to see what things would be like in this environment. I was there as well and it was incredibly crowded and expensive.

I usually never go, but wanted to see what things would be like in this environment. I was there as well and it was incredibly crowded and expensive.

Of all the shows easily accessible in PA from NJ, this is the worst one. The Rodeway Inn has no room, not so many tables but packed together way too close, and that's in the best of days. It is always WAY WAY TOO CROWDED and I've never seen good prices on anything at this show. It's just not a good show. And today's issues can only make it so much worse.

Actually, considering you can't ever park anywhere near the place even for a lightly attended show, where did you have to park today? Usually you can find something in front of the crappy hotel to the left if you wait a few minutes, or park on the grass in the circle, but I bet that was always full today.

It was an absolute waste of time. Dealers overpricing anything semi-automatic or evil looking. One dealer smiled when asked why so expensive and said, "it's the time we live in". Eff him

I also noticed prices on guns and magazines were scratched off or written over since the event in Connecticut. 10 dollar surplus AR mags became 30 dollar top notch mags.

Spent 30 minutes and left. Went to Cabela's and no price gouging what so ever. They just didn't have anything.

It was an absolute waste of time. Dealers overpricing anything semi-automatic or evil looking. One dealer smiled when asked why so expensive and said, "it's the time we live in". Eff him

I also noticed prices on guns and magazines were scratched off or written over since the event in Connecticut. 10 dollar surplus AR mags became 30 dollar top notch mags.

Spent 30 minutes and left. Went to Cabela's and no price gouging what so ever. They just didn't have anything.

what a crock you didn't go!

I agree 100% with you, i saw dealers inventory that at oaks show were marked $999 and at the Allentown show were $2,000+. for the same rifle. These people will never get any $$ for me EVER.

The same time, nobody makes the people to buy these Ar's at inflated prices. The same thing happen to me in 5 yrs ago.

I bought my first rifle AR(Bushmaster xm15-ES) in November of 2007 for $1,400 +tax+Nics from sportsmans rendezvous on rt 31. There was none anywhere in NJ at that time and I had to drive couple hours to get it.

I was so happy to be able to get one cause like everybody else thought that Big O will take them away.

fast forward 2-3 years couldn't believe that paid so much for that rifle

Now, if i put the rifle for sale people will start screaming price gouging but in reality I will be getting the $$$ that paid for it( i never thought this moment will come in my lifetime).

i went to the show today, prices were crazy. most of the dealers they used a sharpie to cover the previous prices on the tags and start to made the selling prices

People were buying semi-auto rifles left and right. Here are some examples of the prices that i saw today;

Colt AR's-$3,20+0, Wasr $1,600-$2100+, Bush xm15-es ar -$1900+, Ptr's $2,800, Milled Arsenal SLR101-$2200+

Ammo prices: Yugo 7,62x39 (1260 rounds)-$400-$750 for the case, .PMC 223 $600 for 1,000 rounds

Were people actually paying these prices? or are these dealers just thinking wishfully?

dealer smiled when asked why so expensive and said, "it's the time we live in". Eff him

Went to Cabela's and no price gouging what so ever. They just didn't have anything.

So. ... Anti free market?

Price and demand are linked and for good reason. First, when demand is this high, and supply is limited, the seller no longer makes profit on volume as there is no volume to be had. If before he sold 5 widgets a day and he sells only one because that is all he can get then he needs a higher profit margin. The other big issue is actually in your advantage, and you saw yourself, increasing prices maintains availability. Who cares if cabelas prices are awesome, when there is nothing to buy? In panic buying scenario rising prices assure that the entire supply doesn't disappear into hoarders hand, and you can still find something if you really want it.

So. ... Anti free market?

Price and demand are linked and for good reason. First, when demand is this high, and supply is limited, the seller no longer makes profit on volume as there is no volume to be had. If before he sold 5 widgets a day and he sells only one because that is all he can get then he needs a higher profit margin. The other big issue is actually in your advantage, and you saw yourself, increasing prices maintains availability. Who cares if cabelas prices are awesome, when there is nothing to buy? In panic buying scenario rising prices assure that the entire supply doesn't disappear into hoarders hand, and you can still find something if you really want it.

incorrect sir

I walked away, and so did everybody else when the saw the prices. The table was full. After Christmas when all this nonsense goes away he'll come back down because lets face it, nobody is going to pay 1750 bucks for a Del-Ton.

Posted: 12/20/2012 11:01:25 AM

[Last Edit: Yesterday 3:46:26 PM by Brownells]

Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if i can. First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation that Pacs and anyone else encountered with magazines being "In-Stock" and Backordered moments later. Cedjunior had it correct, the demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered. They way that our website works is that inventory is fed from our ERP system directly into the website in "real-time". Unfortunately, "real-time" is the amount of time that it takes for the transactions to work both ways. During normal circumstances, it is nearly instant. However, we've been receiving orders at such a pace that these transactions have gotten slower. We absolutely apologize again, we definitely don't want that ever to be your experience.

To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. (Edit - Sorry guys, meant 72 hour period) we sold the "average demand" equivalent of about 3 1/2 years worth of PMAGS, and and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines. We're working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.

We're working directly with Magpul daily to forecast out the next couple of months deliveries. Magpul is focusing their efforts on the BLACK magazines, so we're limiting backorders to only Black for now.

On the Brownells 30 and 20 round magazines, we're still flowing those into the system daily, and are producing those at 100% capacity as well. We ordered more material yesterday that will allow us to up production again in the coming weeks.

Our apologies for the delays! We'll keep working as hard as possible to get these going and will keep you updated always. Let us know if we can do anything at all. - Pete Brownell

Brownells

Selection. Service. Satisfaction.

http://www.brownells.com

Yep, that the right answer, and prices will find their medium. I'll bet you someone wants one badly enough to pay those prices though.

unfortunately, and i hope I'm wrong but that probably is happening.

It was 50-50, you could see the regular gun show attendees laughing at the dealer for having these high prices but right behind them it was few guys(with their girlfriends) holding 1 or 2 black rifles.

People are buying at this high prices otherwise neither PICS or NICS will be so behind.

Couple of my friends thought i was crazy when i was paying $350 for an SKS in 2008 cause few years back you could buy them for $59.

Only time will tell how is crazy.

Were people actually paying these prices? or are these dealers just thinking wishfully?

I was at Sarco on Saturday, and a guy told me he was at the gun show earlier, Pmags(regularly $13) were flying off the tables for $65.

My buddy and I stopped at the gun show IDK why, AR prices were stupid. He picked up some surplus TOK ammo, and I picked up a nice rifle case Made in the USA.