Little Red Rooster

Permit about to expire - quick question????

So I have a P2P that was issued to me on 9/24/12. By my calcualtions it will expire on 12/23 this Sunday.

I have a pistol on hold, but since it's an hour dirve and I have work I can't go till this Saturday, the 22nd.

With the NICS debacle that's going on now, I have a few questions that I know the forum will be able to help me with:

1) What is the actual date of expiration if issued 9/24? (am I correct with 12/23?)

2) If I go Saturday and he can't get the NICS done - will I be okay bc I initiated the purchase that day? What if FFL doesn't hear back till next week when my permit is technically expired- will I not be good to go???

Let me know what I should do...I certainly don't want to let this P expire as who knows what the wait or situation will be going forward. Really appreciate your answers/thoughts!!

Same boat, permit expiring on 12/31, but my situation different. Went to purchase last week, NICS screwed up. Went to PD, because I leave today, be back in 2 weeks. Brought itenary with me, secretary holding permit, chief will sign at expiration and hold for me.

So far. I have had good responses with all my permits and card with Eatontown boro

So I called the store I'm picking it up from and they said if my permit expires Sunday and I wasn't approved NICS the day before (SAT) when I come in, and the approval came Monday, then my permit would NOT be valid.

He seemed to think the safest way was to go to the PD and extend the permit as opposed to flirting with the deadline.

Same boat, permit expiring on 12/31, but my situation different. Went to purchase last week, NICS screwed up. Went to PD, because I leave today, be back in 2 weeks. Brought itenary with me, secretary holding permit, chief will sign at expiration and hold for me.

So far. I have had good responses with all my permits and card with Eatontown boro

I just left Eatontown after almost a decade. Detectives and the COP are a class act -- permits were always issued within a month and no problems extending them. The COP/administration before him took 2-3 months to issue P2Ps. Nappen's office is right behind the station. I wish more towns were like Eatontown.

Well it turns out my p2p expiration is tomorrow 12/21 (go figure), which I found out after I left the office early and drive thru I-78 traffic for an hr to get to Lou's in Raritan where my gun is being held.

They were swamped obviously with the AR/NICS craziness going on. Waited half hour to start my process only to find out it expires tomorrow. Wasn't worth it as I likely wouldn't get approval in time.

So tomorrow I'm going to PD to hopefully get the extension. Am I still okay to have it extended if tomorrow is the 90th day?

Should have gone earlier to get extension, but I realllly wanted to pick up my next 1911 asap. Oh well, I'm stupid... fingers crossed.

Well it turns out my p2p expiration is tomorrow 12/21 (go figure), which I found out after I left the office early and drive thru I-78 traffic for an hr to get to Lou's in Raritan where my gun is being held.

They were swamped obviously with the AR/NICS craziness going on. Waited half hour to start my process only to find out it expires tomorrow. Wasn't worth it as I likely wouldn't get approval in time.

So tomorrow I'm going to PD to hopefully get the extension. Am I still okay to have it extended if tomorrow is the 90th day?

Should have gone earlier to get extension, but I realllly wanted to pick up my next 1911 asap. Oh well, I'm stupid... fingers crossed.

I was told to wait until it expires, but that was in Ewing. The new "use by" date will be based on the expiration date.