MidwestPX

15rd PMAG conversion service

I forgot that I offer a conversion service. If you guys have unmodified mags or find someone selling them and have them shipped to me, I can convert them for you. Just order one of this for every mag you want converted: http://midwestpx.com...products_id=365

In your order comments, mention you want 15rd mags and not 10rd mags and I'll make it happen. At this time, I am currently out of FDE and OD Ranger Plates.

I ordered 6 of the 15/30 Pmag from Midwest PX.I was very happy witht the product, one concern. I wasnt able to insert the mag into the rifle with the bolt closed with all 15 rounds. With 14 rounds no problem. With 15 rounds, the cover would not go on either, there was absoulty no play. I was able to remove the pin and shave down the phenolic block 1/16"-1/8". This allowed me to insert the fully loaded (15 round) mag into the gun (bolt closed) and I can put the protective cover on the top. I did repin the mag so it cant be removed. It is permently mod to 15 rounds with a little play, not enoght for 16 rounds.

I ordered 6 of the 15/30 Pmag from Midwest PX.I was very happy witht the product, one concern. I wasnt able to insert the mag into the rifle with the bolt closed with all 15 rounds. With 14 rounds no problem. With 15 rounds, the cover would not go on either, there was absoulty no play. I was able to remove the pin and shave down the phenolic block 1/16"-1/8". This allowed me to insert the fully loaded (15 round) mag into the gun (bolt closed) and I can put the protective cover on the top. I did repin the mag so it cant be removed. It is permently mod to 15 rounds with a little play, not enoght for 16 rounds.

Due to the fact that the polymer can flex, a production block sized to always fit against a closed bolt sometimes results in a mag that can fit 16 rounds if enough force is applied. The mag won't feed or function with 16 rounds but laws aren't written around functionality...they're written around absolute capacity. I build my blocks on the long side of the tolerance to keep everyone safe.

Can you do the 15/30 conversion if I ordered a few 30rd pmags and had them mailed to you? I know they offer the 15rd blocks online but for the extra couple dollars it pays to have them sent to a pro for converting. From what I hear they are the same blocks as the 10/30 just "shaved down".

Can you do the 15/30 conversion if I ordered a few 30rd pmags and had them mailed to you? I know they offer the 15rd blocks online but for the extra couple dollars it pays to have them sent to a pro for converting. From what I hear they are the same blocks as the 10/30 just "shaved down".

Yes, have your PMAGs sent to me and order the conversion service and I'll make them hold 15 rounds before sending them on to you.

Ty, I managed to sneak in an order for 5 FDE 20rd Pmags from JSE Surplus (also in Missouri) yesterday. I am having them shipped directly to you to have them pinned at 15. I got a confirmation email but I am waiting for shipping confirmation before I order the conversion kits from your site.

Thanks for supplying this service to us Jerseyans!!!

-Pete B

Ty, was wondering if you were out of black ranger plates? Was going to send the three "disassembled" "rebuild kit" 30rd black pmags that are coming tomorrow, over to you on weds if you still had them. I know you're very busy. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Ty, I managed to sneak in an order for 5 FDE 20rd Pmags from JSE Surplus (also in Missouri) yesterday. I am having them shipped directly to you to have them pinned at 15. I got a confirmation email but I am waiting for shipping confirmation before I order the conversion kits from your site.

Thanks for supplying this service to us Jerseyans!!!

-Pete B

Just got a cancellation notice from JSE today so I'm back to square one... Hopefully your black 15/20s are ready soon!!