Barms

Does being a "member" let you cut the line..?

With ranges being more and more crowded i wonder.. does being a member ($300+ right?) allow you to cut past non-members waiting to use the range? If that was true then i would definitely pay a yearly fee.. If i was running a range i would 100% offer that policy.

and no.. i'm not interested in a "members only" range time that is the same time i'm usually in bed or eating breakfast..

Where? Anyplace within 20 miles of 07885 and I'm in. I'm not a member of RTSP because membership+wife+rifle=500.00 ouch.

A lot of us need to drive a good distance to be able to shoot somewhere decent. I drive a little bit under an hour to go to Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol. It's worth it to me.

For $300+, you can join a private range and not worry about cutting in front of non-members.

THIS!^^^^

I don't know what it's like to wait in a line.........

I don't have to endure unsafe NOOBS that sweep everything BUT their brass.......

I don't have to endure high-power center fire rifles at my Indoor Range......

I have lots of friends that feel the same way!

Life is grand, as I belong to a private club!

Dave

well i just checked the list at the top of this forum.. old bridge and cherry ridge are the only ones within an hour of me.. (and Tenafly but i don't know if that is restricted to residents only).

so now i will dig through the forums reading about the Mecca's of OB and CR and see if there are waiting lists, availability.. etc etc..

How do you become a member of a private range?? Not a gun store range but private. I'm in northern Bergen county and would love to find one.

Go to the ranges website and there are usally a section about how to join i am pretty sure OB has one not sure about CR I know cjrpc has a section

well i just checked the list at the top of this forum.. old bridge and cherry ridge are the only ones within an hour of me.. (and Tenafly but i don't know if that is restricted to residents only).

so now i will dig through the forums reading about the Mecca's of OB and CR and see if there are waiting lists, availability.. etc etc..

Visit the OB club web site: www.obrpc.org and click on the newsletter. Locate the list of activities (leagues) and note dates, times, and whether it's at the Indoor or Outdoor Ranges. Show up for a league shoot to either watch or pay the non-member rate of only $20 and shoot the match. Phone numbers of the league discipline chairs (myself included) are also published so you can call and find-out the details for that specific league (COF, ammo, mags needed, etc.). Come on out and see if you like shooting with folks who KNOW what they're doing and are willing to help and answer all your questions. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on and it's around a dollar a day.............

Dave

PPC League Chair