ChrisJM981

NJ Senate bills proposed for 2012-2013 Legislative Session

After looking through all the bills in the Senate Law and Public Safety I compiled a list of proposed bills for the 2012-2013 Legislative Session that affect firearm owners in NJ. I believe all are just renumbered for the new Legislative Session.

Support:

S104 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a handgun.

Law and Public Safety

http://www.njleg.sta...0500/104_I1.PDF

Cardinale, Gerald as Primary Sponsor

Oroho, Steven V. as Primary Sponsor

Bucco, Anthony R. as Co-Sponsor

1/10/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

S269 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a handgun.

http://www.njleg.sta...0500/269_I1.PDF

Doherty, Michael J. as Primary Sponsor

O'Toole, Kevin J. as Primary Sponsor

Oroho, Steven V. as Co-Sponsor

1/10/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

S707 The "New Jersey Right to Home Defense Law."

http://www.njleg.sta...1000/707_I1.PDF

O'Toole, Kevin J. as Primary Sponsor

S1627 Eliminates prohibition against purchasing more than one handgun in calendar month.

http://www.njleg.sta...000/1627_I1.PDF

Oroho, Steven V. as Primary Sponsor

Doherty, Michael J. as Co-Sponsor

2/16/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

S1737 Provides two-year window for persons to transfer, render inoperable or surrender assault firearm.

http://www.njleg.sta...000/1737_I1.PDF

Bucco, Anthony R. as Primary Sponsor

3/5/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

Fight:

S419 Revises qualifications and requirements for permits to carry handgun; establishes annual fee of $100.

Law and Public Safety

http://www.njleg.sta...0500/419_I1.PDF

Van Drew, Jeff as Primary Sponsor

S657 Requires proof of firearms safety training as a condition for issuance of firearms purchaser ID cards and permits to purchase handguns.

http://www.njleg.sta...1000/657_I1.PDF

Stack, Brian P. as Primary Sponsor

Cunningham, Sandra B. as Primary Sponsor

S810 Clarifies that "airsoft" guns are firearms

http://www.njleg.sta...1000/810_I1.PDF

Smith, Bob as Primary Sponsor

Scutari, Nicholas P. as Co-Sponsor

S1278 Establishes "gun-free" and "weapon free" zones around certain school and public properties.

http://www.njleg.sta...500/1278_I1.PDF

Turner, Shirley K. as Primary Sponsor

1/30/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

S1705 Permits municipalities to establish weapons free zones around schools and public facilities

http://www.njleg.sta...000/1705_I1.PDF

Rice, Ronald L. as Primary Sponsor

2/27/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

S2178 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater

http://www.njleg.sta...500/2178_I1.PDF

Lesniak, Raymond J. as Primary Sponsor

9/20/2012 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

What does s1737 mean. Doesn't make sense to me

It means that if you have a firearm that falls under NJ's AWB of the early 90's, you get a chance to unload it free and clear within a window of two years.

It seems to me that if you currently own NJ compliant semi auto's, this bill means diddly squat.

It means that if you have a firearm that falls under NJ's AWB of the early 90's, you get a chance to unload it free and clear within a window of two years.

It seems to me that if you currently own NJ compliant semi auto's, this bill means diddly squat.

It's good if you, say inherit some firearms while cleaning out a parent's home that you didn't know they possessed. Doesn't apply to me personally, but I'm sure it happens.

I think 1737 is meant to as a safety valve for gun owners should currently legal weapons be reclassified as assault weapons, and be subject to confiscation. Personally I'd just lawfully transport them to a lockup in another state.

That's sneaky......

.....but since NJ is not a NFA State, then this would make sense........from the State's point of view anyway.

But here's the problem, since NJ is not an NFA State, there is no way to 'legally and lawfully' transport them for lockup in another state....in that other state, said gun would be illegal.

Easiest thing to do would be to remove the bolt, and give it to a family member for safe keeping.........

I read the first (S104) right to carry bill. Anyone who has read through all of the carry bills, what is the difference in the language between them. If no one has, I will try to read them tonight, but I have to admit, I am no lawyer, just a computer geek with an opinion :D

Well, after doing my own research, the only difference I can find is that S104 is good for 2 years after issuance, with renewal every 2 years where S269 is good for 5 years.

Either way, AWESOME! Maybe I should get a roll of stamps tomorrow :D.

Well, after doing my own research, the only difference I can find is that S104 is good for 2 years after issuance, with renewal every 2 years where S269 is good for 5 years.

Either way, AWESOME! Maybe I should get a roll of stamps tomorrow :D.

S104 is amended to be for 5 years instead of just 2. If it's in [brackets] it's a proposed deletion, whereas if it's underlined it is a proposed addition to the statute.

All permits to carry handguns shall expire [2] 5 years from the

22 date of issuance [or, in the case of an employee of an armored car

23 company, upon termination of his employment by the company

24 occurring prior thereto whichever is earlier in time,] and they may

25 thereafter be renewed every [2] 5 years in the same manner and

26 subject to the same conditions as in the case of original

27 applications.

It appears S104 refers to the bill as "Citizens' Protection and Crime Reduction Act of

2004,"

S269 just refers to it as "Citizens' Protection and Crime Reduction Act"

Oh sorry about that. I got my punctuation wrong :huh:

Next question, how often do these ccw laws come up in Senate or Assembly? Is this an annual thing, or a new development?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait did I read that they want to make airsoft toys a firearm? I hope none of your kids have plastic bb hollowpoints

That's exactly what it says. You'd need a FPID to buy a rifle, and Pistol Purchase Permit for a handgun.