Hey guys, i was really looking into joining the club. The facility looks awesome and i love the fact that the indoor range is open 24/7, since i work 6 days and have 2 very young children, i can see late night trips being the only time i can get to the range. Does anyone have experience with the club? reviews? what i need to join? how to go about joining? also do they have a day where people can tour? I am currently an NRA member (i know you have to be to join). Is there anything im missing? Thanks!

Great club. Great facilities. Your best bet is to ask a member to show you around. I will be going two weekends from now I think, and would be happy to show you around. I don't know whether it will be Saturday or Sunday though.

Great club. Great facilities. Your best bet is to ask a member to show you around. I will be going two weekends from now I think, and would be happy to show you around. I don't know whether it will be Saturday or Sunday though.

that would be awesome, thank you. My only days off are sundays so if you go on a sunday let me know.

Does it ever get crowded? and you dont need a sponsor correct?

Hey guys, i was really looking into joining the club. The facility looks awesome and i love the fact that the indoor range is open 24/7, since i work 6 days and have 2 very young children, i can see late night trips being the only time i can get to the range. Does anyone have experience with the club? reviews? what i need to join? how to go about joining? also do they have a day where people can tour? I am currently an NRA member (i know you have to be to join). Is there anything im missing? Thanks!

I belong to CJ. Worth the 1hr trip for me. You can download the application here:

http://www.cjrpc.com/membership/MemShipApp20110126.pdf

There is no dates set aside for touring the club, best bet it to hook up with someone thats already a member. Wish I could but my schedule changes from day to day, and its last minute that i go. I never have seen it packed, maybe when there is a cowboy or steel match which take up the bigger pits, the new smaller pits are busy, but there always is a pit to shoot at. Never been there at night to shoot in the indoor range, so can't say if its busy. If you need a sponsor let me know. I'll PM you my ID.

CJRPC is the best range in no IMO. Great place. I live ten minutes away, so if you have trouble getting somebody to show you around or need to do it at weird times, let me know.

You already have the new member form above. You need to bring a check, your NRA card, your fid and your license. You will also need to bring a handgun or a 22lr rifle to show that you can handle a firearm safely. If you do not have these, they will provide agin for you. Just ask one of the range guys. Usually they have a single action revolver.

You don't need a sponsor, but if you put a sponsor down on the form (name and member number) they get a discount on the next years dues. Usually people give it to friends or whom ever showed them around.

Good luck, it's a great range.

Take a look at the web site and the competition folder here if nobody can show you around. During the comps, you can come and check it out and if you have ever shot any of the disciplines that are going on, get the shooting experience while your there, well for USPSA and Steel shoots that is. Not sure if some of the other are open to non-members but club members will be able to chime in on that.

Here is the calendar:

http://www.cjrpc.com/calendar.cfm

You can click on an event and it will tell you if its open to the public or just members and their guests. In the link it will be posted in Red or Blue.

Red is Members and their guests only, and Blue is open to the public...

If its open to the public there will be a sign at the gate with the code to get into the club.

Wish I could afford the membership, 267+400 capital for a full time student is quite a challenge. One day though! My buddy is a member and loves it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too!

I'll agree there is a little sticker shock when you look at it that way, but I'll tell you going this route is a lot cheaper than going to a public range. I won't even get into the added freedom or different types of shooting sports you will get into but if you look at what you wind up paying each time you go and shoot vs. what you would pay at the club. It might be close if not more expensive to shoot at a public range. Add in the amount of time you spend, think about how much time many people at a public range spend just waiting for a lane to shoot on.

That and a 24/7 indoor range isn't a bad thing as an option either.

Just a few things to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish I could afford the membership, 267+400 capital for a full time student is quite a challenge. One day though! My buddy is a member and loves it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too!

I agree it is a bit of a sticker shock, but look at how much you pay in range fees. Before I joined I was going to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, limited to 25 yards, pistol/rimfire rifle only, paper targets only. 7 visits to RAF was more expensive than a year's membership at CJ, plus CJ has so much more to offer.

I'll agree there is a little sticker shock when you look at it that way, but I'll tell you going this route is a lot cheaper than going to a public range. I won't even get into the added freedom or different types of shooting sports you will get into but if you look at what you wind up paying each time you go and shoot vs. what you would pay at the club. It might be close if not more expensive to shoot at a public range. Add in the amount of time you spend, think about how much time many people at a public range spend just waiting for a lane to shoot on.

That and a 24/7 indoor range isn't a bad thing as an option either.

Just a few things to think about.

I agree it is a bit of a sticker shock, but look at how much you pay in range fees. Before I joined I was going to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, limited to 25 yards, pistol/rimfire rifle only, paper targets only. 7 visits to RAF was more expensive than a year's membership at CJ, plus CJ has so much more to offer.

I absolutely agree its worth it. I havent been there yet, I am gonna ask my buddy to show me around. Tax season is around the corner so hopefully I can put the refund towards the membership

I absolutely agree its worth it. I havent been there yet, I am gonna ask my buddy to show me around. Tax season is around the corner so hopefully I can put the refund towards the membership

Now your talking. I have one 1 regret about OBRPC, and that's I'm sorry I didn't find out about it and join sooner. ;)

To note if I was closer or even in between OB and CJRPC I'd be a member of both.

Now your talking. I have one 1 regret about OBRPC, and that's I'm sorry I didn't find out about it and join sooner. ;)

To note if I was closer or even in between OB and CJRPC I'd be a member of both.

Well I'm in both Freehold and Hazlet, mostly Freehold so I've always shot at Shore Shot, CJRPC is about 40 mins from my house. I wasnt aware of the 24/7 range is nice though.

Well I'm in both Freehold and Hazlet, mostly Freehold so I've always shot at Shore Shot, CJRPC is about 40 mins from my house. I wasnt aware of the 24/7 range is nice though.

Well with your location you might also check out OBRPC in addition to CJRPC. Both are great, but I do find that you will go more often to a range that's closer easy to get to. I'd at least look at both first.

You can also join using the partial payment for the $400 capital fee. You would pay $467 up front upon joining: $267-for the dues, $200-1/2 of the capital fee, and pay the remaining $200 over 4 payments of $55. Every month joining after January is prorated from the dues. $22.30 a month. So save your $ and join in August, You would pay $289.20 to join.

You have all made excellent points, which has me dead set on joining when i get my tax refund. Yes there is a bit of sticker shock at first but once that capital payment is outta the way its the same price if not cheaper than most other ranges. Plus being that i work 6 days a week and have 2 very young children (1yr old and a 1 week old) i find that i will be making those late night trips to blow off some steam. Plus there is TONS of other things cjrpc has to offer that cramped indoor ranges cannot. Thank you for offering to show me around, i will deff take someone up on that when im ready to join. Thank you all for your responses.