Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

Bought a UTAS today

I saw on Lou's Firearm's Facebook page earlier this week that they had UTAS UTS-15 in stock, so I drove over this morning. Touched it, seemed pretty cool. So, I bought one for $1200, plus $59 for the breacher muzzle break.

Of course I didn't get to take it home, but someday my fax will come in and I'll post a review.

Kewl, keep us posted.... I'm still considering one. Gotta get caught up paying off my new Ben M4 first...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I saw Nutnfancy called that gun complete garbage.

We had a debate in the store about whether or not that was a pro or con for the gun... I've touched the KSG, and this seemed higher quality to my touch, but it's probably personal choice. I like the loading method of the UTAS better. If I ever were to see another KSG close to MSRP I'd probably pick one up too.

I have one and had some of thd same issues as Nuttin did.I sent it back and it seems fine now.I knew.there might be some issues and I wouldnt be surprised if they made more improvments in the future.My thinking was that this gun might be ripe for banning so I grabbed it when I could.Good luck.

The NICS only took a day, and I was able to pick it up last week. Took it out to the Clinton WMA for a test Saturday early afternoon, around 1pm. Found the NJSP had taken over the rifle/shotgun range until 2pm for training. They were nice, but sent me away. I asked the guy in charge (with full tactical gear, helmet, vest, some kind of machine gun, etc) if he thought it would be ok for me just to shoot down range at the clay area. "Do whatever you have to do, it's OK with me," he told me, so I figured if anyone yelled at me at least I'd have that. (Later, heard automatic fire from the range while on the clay area).

I put 50 rounds through it, at a relatively quick clip. Not a single tiny problem. Worked properly, very easy to handle and use, all the controls easy to use and where you'd want them, etc.

The nice grandpa next to me teaching his grandkids how to shoot clays asked me about it, and then later asked if I wanted to try a few clays. Sure! I hit three of the four they threw for me, so I feel good about that!

My only slight criticism is that the selector lever (right magazine, left magazine or alternate) was close to the place I put my face a few times, and it gently hit me. No bruising or wound, but I had to remember to put my face further back on the stock than I might have instinctively.

In any case: NO problems, fun and easy to shoot, hit 3 of 4 clays in my first box. Cheap red dot reflex sight fit nicely on rail, lots of fun. If it were to jam, the rear cover opens and pretty much the whole action is there, so if that were to happen I can't imagine it would be hard to clear. TWO THUMBS UP. Pictures:

8400042793_bb483098d4_b.jpg

8400042583_060a02ae4c_b.jpg

8400042743_259c606bd3_b.jpg