mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

That's not hilarious, that means that no ammo can be sold in NYS. It's a Catch 22 - Can't sell ammo without a NICS check / Can't use NICS for anything other than firearms transactions. While it is probably an unintended consequence of a poorly written law that was rushed through the legislature - the tin-foil hat wearers among you may deem it more nefarious than that.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Can you buy ammo online in New York state?

No

But I can get plenty of speed, meth, crack, heroin, vikes, Mary Jane, amyl nitrate, bath salts, pcp, angel dust and drano in any neighborhood in the five boroughs? Makes me want a 32oz soda, large fries with a ton of salt and to forbid my wife from breast feeding. Nannies know best, now stop flapping and get in line!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't answer the question exactly but I believe in Kentucky you do not need to go thru a NICS when buying a firearm if you present your CCW card. A valid CW seems to bypass the NICS checks for firearm purchases. I believe this is also done less strictly in other states where the NICS is only run once at the time of CCW issue/renewal and you may purchase firearms without another NICS for the entire time that the CCW is valid. This needs cite(s)

IIRC Kentucky has a state system like NJ and Pa for Nics checks..it's the same way that NJ does a "Nics" check for BB guns and Black Powder guns that are not "Firearms" in the eyes of the BATFE

Can you buy ammo online in New York state?

Up until last week, the CMP was shipping ammo to NY'ers. They now have a blurb on their forum that until there is more clarification or an intervention from God; they will not ship to NY.

The following is a list of vendors still shipping various items to NY. Some that used to ship have opted out in the wake of last week's Cuomofication:

1) Cabelas (sporting goods store with large variety of shooting items)

2) ExileMachine.Net (equipment, ammo, mags, CA compliant stocks)

3) Streicher's (equipment, shooting supplies, ammo)

4) Sgammo.com (almost always had lowest ammo prices on net before the panic)

5) Magnum Research (pistols and related supplies)

6) Ammoman.com

7) Glockparts.com (accepting back orders on parts and magazines)

8) Glockmeister.com

9) Sportsman's Guide (general sporting goods store)

10) Ruger (UPDATE: Ruger will ship 10 rd mags starting 1/28 until 4/5)

11) Bulkammo.com

12) Montana Gold Bullet (jacketed bullets)

13) Precision Delta (ammunition)

14) Berry's Manufacturing (bullets and reloading supplies)

15) Top Brass (reloading supplies)

16) Aim Surplus (ammo and reloading supplies)

17) Beretta

18) Target Sports USA (ammunition)

19) Luckygunner.com (ammunition)

20) Sig Sauer (accepting back orders on magazines and will ship even after 4/15 if ordered before then)

21) Mwgco.com (magazines and gun accessories)

22) Palmetto State Armory (UPDATE: Palmetto sent email to user no ammo to NY - confirmation needed)

23) Manventure Outpost (sporting goods store)

24) Ventura Munitions (ammunition)

25) AmmoBank (ammunition)

Note: Resident handgun ammunition buyers have to provide a copy of their pistol permit in order to buy pistol ammunition.

But I can get plenty of speed, meth, crack, heroin, vikes, Mary Jane, amyl nitrate, bath salts, pcp, angel dust and drano in any neighborhood in the five boroughs?

Maybe they should make a law about this stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk