tt-33

international gun permit

anybody ever travel to argentina with a gun.I just got my application and the way some of the questions are asked Im not 100% what they want but what I am certain of is I dont want any part of a south american jail .I also dont know if my gun case is still within faa or tsa requirements

I guess you already have contacted the Argentine Embassy and have the paperwork from them. Check TSA website for requirements of your gun case, etc. You also need to check CBP requirements for taking the guns out and bringing them back. At the least you need to register the guns with CBP. THIS IS NOT A REGISTRATION SCHEME. You'll bring your guns to a CBP office they will fill out a form and give it to you. They do not keep a copy.

Are you going on a hunt? It may just be easier to use the guides guns.

CBP is Customs and Border Protection. This is the result of the merge of Customs and Immigration Inspectors when they formed DHS. They are the ones who enforce the laws regarding your guns leaving the country and coming back into the country so they are the people to talk to. Their main office is in Newark.

You may want to try the Argentine Consulate in NY. They can do anything the embassy can do.

You need to ensure you follow the laws in the US and Argentina for import and export of your firearms.

If you check the TSA website they want you to use locks that only you have the key or combo for. There is a rationale behind this. They want you around if they have to inspect the bag. TSA also doesn't want to be accused of tampering with the bag which would be possible if you used TSA locks.

I've never checked long guns but have flown often with checked handguns. When I do I carry the handguns in a hardsided case with two padlocks. I also put this in a Haliburton with a combo lock. The Haliburton isn't needed and in fact could serve as the hard sided case. When you declare the guns you'll be given a tag to sign and put in the case with your guns. You and your guns will be taken to a TSA checkpoint where TSA may:

1. Xray your gun case say everything is okay and you'll be on your way to personal and carryon screening.

2. Xray your bag and want you to open it for further examination.

3. Just decide to do 100% exam of your bag.

They may put a "TSA Inspected" sticker on your bag but this is no cause for alarm. This is the same sticker they use on any bag they inspect.

I have no idea what the procedures may be in Argentina.

DO NOT fly through NY airports, you will be arrested immediately! You cannot carry firearms through NYC.

You're mistaken, you can't transport handguns through NYC. If you are travelling through with your AR15 in a lock and sealed container you are fine. I flew with two AR15's and one ammunition can. The problem is JFK friggin lost both till I threatened to call the state police and then all of a sudden they magically appeared at a different conveyor belt.