H.M. Murdock

Email from ANJRPC: LEGISLATIVE WARNING FROM EVAN NAPPEN

I wasn't born when the law for FID was passed, but I can just imagine people saying "oh that'll never happen"... And a lot of the guys who were alive when it passed are still saying "that'll never happen" they said it about 1 gun a month, they said it about the AWB. you guys are saying it now.

Does it really make you feel good to say "that'll never happen" instead of getting up and doing something to make sure it doesn't happen?

It can happen, and if YOU don't do something to stop it will happen, just like it has happened before

Christie MAY try for president in 2016, I think at this point, he won't win the nomination, or if he does, Hillary will beat him, in large part because republican & conservative voters will stay home. Liberal NE Governor as a candidate 2x in a row? Not likely. But the Republican 'leadership' aren't the brightest bulbs. Christie has to tack back to the right for a little while here after the screaming hog fit he had over Sandy money and the man-love for Obama. Not doing anything on gun control, except lame Obama executive type orders, is an easy thing to do. He can (correctly) point out that NJ gun laws already make things difficult and there is an MH component to the FPID/P2P process. He will 'stop' the Liberal Democrat gun hate ( 7 rd mags & such) in NJ, by doing nothing at all and leaving things just as they are. Still bears watching and calling/writing/marching, no reason to let up--

Christie is 50 years old -- he just looks older than he is.

He'll be 54 in November 2016, and 62 in November 2024.

I don't think he'd turn down the #1 spot on the ticket, but I doubt he'd win it in 2016. OTOH, he'd be very likely to get #2. His NJ bluster would work with a more "presidential" candidate in the #1 spot. Since WW2, 2/5 elected (including Ford 3/6) Republican Presidents have gotten to the White House via the Naval Observatory. He turned down the #2 spot for Romney, I've read, because he didn't think Romney was a shoo-in. Which was an astute observation, particularly in retrospect.

I don't think he wants to retire to be president of a second-tier New Jersey liberal arts college at the age of 55.

Christie is 50 years old -- he just looks older than he is.

He'll be 54 in November 2016, and 62 in November 2024.

I don't think he'd turn down the #1 spot on the ticket, but I doubt he'd win it in 2016. OTOH, he'd be very likely to get #2. His NJ bluster would work with a more "presidential" candidate in the #1 spot. Since WW2, 2/5 elected (including Ford 3/6) Republican Presidents have gotten to the White House via the Naval Observatory. He turned down the #2 spot for Romney, I've read, because he didn't think Romney was a shoo-in. Which was an astute observation, particularly in retrospect.

I don't think he wants to retire to be president of a second-tier New Jersey liberal arts college at the age of 55.

No. That's been his waste sizes over the last 6 years.

BTW, I moved out about 8 months ago and we ALL have a huge fight on our hands regardless of which state we live in. Keep fighting, calling, writing, emailing. Send this off to SAF, GOA and NRA. This lunacy needs to be stopped... we are all in this together.

I don't think those bills mentioned would pass Constitutional review, but who knows after Roberts folding on Odumbocare.

If this were to happen, I work in Allentown PA and have been looking to buy a place instead of hoteling it some nights. This would definitely give me the push to buy something and change my residence. Move all my stuff there and get to buy the fun stuff. Girlfriend won't be happy, but oh well. Not giving up my rights, nor would I submit to that bs.

Screw 'em.... Everyone refuse to get the med checks, refuse to turn in your FID... wait for them to come arrest you... laugh while in back of the police car... then when arriving at the prison, watch them all scratch their heads and try figure where to put everyone. What dumasses... Tin foil hat still on! ;)

Half the people on this forum wanted "mental health" addressed to reduce "gun crime" or "Sandy school shootings" or "keeping guns out of the hands".

Now you complain.  WTF did you expect?  Seriously?

While I agree mental health needs a improvement in this country, I do not feel sending some government shlub into my house to search through my personal belongings is the right answer.

Nor is basically eliminating HIPPA, all you have now are people who might want to seek psychological care for whatever reason, but they are too scared to go because they'll risk being "reported" and have their guns taken away.

Step backwards.

How hard is it to get a pa license and do they have an antiquated fid process like Nj? I'd move my firearms to my parents in PA and tell the wife I'm getting a PA license and FID. Then up n move at first chance. Sheesh

While I agree mental health needs a improvement in this country, I do not feel sending some government shlub into my house to search through my personal belongings is the right answer.

Nor is basically eliminating HIPPA, all you have now are people who might want to seek psychological care for whatever reason, but they are too scared to go because they'll risk being "reported" and have their guns taken away.

Step backwards.

Yeah, this. The mental health system needs a massive boost, but what they're suggesting is an invasion of privacy and meant as gun control rather than mental health reform. How about mental health checks and a home inspection for exercising your freedom of speech? Religion? How about before you get a fair trial?

I was about to send a letter to my senator and reps, even though they're all republican, just in case any of them are on the fence since my district includes parts of Passaic and Essex counties as well as Morris. Unfortunately, I'm not quite as good at writing these things, so does anyone have or know of a semi-form letter that I can use, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I even started considering going to the rally, but my wife will be 9 months pregnant, 2 weeks before her due date, so I don't think she'll like it if I'm nearly 2 hours away from home for the day.

I hear ya!

I'm actually hoping my wife delivers on the 8th, then I can name my kid something like "Eugene, or Mikhail"

Fat chance, lol

Congratulations sir!

How hard is it to get a pa license and do they have an antiquated fid process like Nj? I'd move my firearms to my parents in PA and tell the wife I'm getting a PA license and FID. Then up n move at first chance. Sheesh

PA driver's license? PA does not require a FID card. You simply walk into a gun store, tell them what you want (can be multiple guns), show your driver's license, fill out a PICS paper, pay then leave. If you have the resources and realize you wanted 3 more handguns, walk back in and do it again. Get your carry by proving you're a PA resident and in some places fill out paper, pay $20 and 20 minutes walk out with your carry.

I guess you could "will" your guns to your PA parents or sell to them for $1? Then get them at a later date...

Mipa, let me rephrase this because maybe you are not getting it.. So yea, seriously!!! It's not what I meant. I am for Mental health Checks... But not by voiding my FID card because I didn't report on time, or can't afford the health check or have some shiesters enter my home for inspections. National NICS and Mental health databases are fine. But I've had an FID card since 1977 and I'm not giving nothing up for some dumb laws that were put into place because some jack wagon decided to go ape shit on someone. I'm sure you wouldn't want that either! Yes/No? It has nothing to do with the ones like us that have obtained it legally. Are you planing on abiding to that proposed NJ bill if it passes? Will you render yours in 5 days or? Go back and re-read the proposal.

New Jersey law provides that an FID card is void if the holder becomes subject to a "disability.” Accordingly, if these bills take effect, ALL persons already holding an FID card who have not had the home inspection, psychological evaluation, or provided the list of household members (and thereby overcome the "disabilities” imposed by the legislation) MUST TURN IN their Firearms ID card to the Police. The turn in must be done within 5 days by law or face prosecution for 4th Degree Crime (Felony -18 months prison time.)

Half the people on this forum wanted "mental health" addressed to reduce "gun crime" or "Sandy school shootings" or "keeping guns out of the hands".

Now you complain. WTF did you expect? Seriously?

Now you complain. WTF did you expect? Seriously?

Doesn't NJ already address mental health using form SP-66 Consent for Mental Health search? How many states check to see if the applicant was institutionalized?

Mipa, let me rephrase this because maybe you are not getting it.. So yea, seriously!!! It's not what I meant. I am for Mental health Checks... But not by voiding my FID card because I didn't report on time, or can't afford the health check or have some shiesters enter my home for inspections. National NICS and Mental health databases are fine. But I've had an FID card since 1977 and I'm not giving nothing up for some dumb laws that were put into place because some jack wagon decided to go ape shit on someone. I'm sure you wouldn't want that either! Yes/No? It has nothing to do with the ones like us that have obtained it legally. Are you planing on abiding to that proposed NJ bill if it passes? Will you render yours in 5 days or? Go back and re-read the proposal.

Got it. Now I disagree with you 100%. No NICS, certainly no mental health checks, and if gun owners (like you) from NJ and NY and CA couldn't vote then I wouldn't have to worry about Congress disobeying the Second Amendment.

But my first point remains. You have a government that has used every angle it has ever been given to infringe your Second Amendment rights. Even by your welcoming standards. Then you ask for more infringements, and are disappointed with how it turns out. You are getting what you deserve. Until you manage to get your way, and force it on me, I'm OK with it.

Not to the extreme any of these proposed new bills do. I honestly don't know exactly what they do under current law.... Don't recall my doc ever saying he was called. If anyone has any insight to current procedures regarding the 'nut forms' we currently use, please advise.

Doesn't NJ already address mental health using form SP-66 Consent for Mental Health search? How many states check to see if the applicant was institutionalized?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I still don't think we are on the same page. Just what exactly are you saying I'm in favor of?

Got it. Now I disagree with you 100%. No NICS, certainly no mental health checks, and if gun owners (like you) from NJ and NY and CA couldn't vote then I wouldn't have to worry about Congress disobeying the Second Amendment.

But my first point remains. You have a government that has used every angle it has ever been given to infringe your Second Amendment rights. Even by your welcoming standards. Then you ask for more infringements, and are disappointed with how it turns out. You are getting what you deserve. Until you manage to get your way, and force it on me, I'm OK with it.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Not to the extreme any of these proposed new bills do. I honestly don't know exactly what they do under current law.... Don't recall my doc ever saying he was called. If anyone has any insight to current procedures regarding the 'nut forms' we currently use, please advise.

Typos courtesy Apple...

SP-66 needs to be submitted when you initially apply for your FID card and for each handgun permit application. It doesn't ask for a physicians name. I would guess there are databases that they can check for admittance to a hospital and or psychiatric institution. Wonder if it is only regional or national?

I still don't think we are on the same page. Just what exactly are you saying I'm in favor of?

Typos courtesy Apple...

For starters, this:

I am for Mental health Checks...

National NICS and Mental health databases are fine.

I have a problem with you wanting the government to disobey the Second Amendment and force me to get permission before I can exercise my rights.

And I find it odd that you (collective) propose further infringements when, time and time again, you are incensed at how the prior ones were turned against you like they always are.

I disagree with both of you. The point is, when a BIG, oppressive government gets to determine what's "normal". Maybe believing in "God" is grounds for being a lunatic? Maybe, talking of freedom is "crazy, anti-government" illness? Maybe believing Obama is a Marxist does not fall under the guideline of "sane". Once we head into this realm of approval, it's all in the hands of a twisted tyrant that determines if you can get a gun or not.

I have a drink once a week, does that make me an alcoholic? Yes, to some people it does.

I know that much.... Filled out many nut forms for permits, believe me...

Was just wondering what depth they go and how.

SP-66 needs to be submitted when you initially apply for your FID card and for each handgun permit application. It doesn't ask for a physicians name. I would guess there are databases that they can check for admittance to a hospital and or psychiatric institution. Wonder if it is only regional or national?

Typos courtesy Apple...

I disagree with both of you. The point is, when a BIG, oppressive government gets to determine what's "normal". Maybe believing in "God" is grounds for being a lunatic? Maybe, talking of freedom is "crazy, anti-government" illness? Maybe believing Obama is a Marxist does not fall under the guideline of "sane". Once we head into this realm of approval, it's all in the hands of a twisted tyrant that determines if you can get a gun or not.

I have a drink once a week, does that make me an alcoholic? Yes, to some people it does.

That's strange because I agree with you 100% on this.

Here's a fun activity I like to play. We're gonna play a little game. It's called "Gun Forum Cognitive Dissonance"

1. Do you believe that the second amendment, "shall not be infringed" as is written in the constitution?

2. If so, then that makes all gun laws, including the GCA, NFA, Brady Bill etc. invalid and unconstitutional, correct?

3. Then, if the GCA/NFA etc. are all invalid, and an individual does something such as, buy a handgun out of state, obtain a gun with a criminal record, carry without a permit, hack a dozen inches off his shotgun barrel, how can you say they are a criminal? How can you say it is an illegal gun?

4. Therefore, you are left with two options. Either stop using language such as "criminals get guns illegally" or stop saying that you "believe in the second amendment as is written" because, well, you don't!

Just like the founders never said anything about muskets vs. full autos, they never said anything about "criminals" or interstate purchases or "mentally ill" or any of those things either.

I know that much.... Filled out many nut forms for permits, believe me...

Was just wondering what depth they go and how.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Looks like it is a state wide search of mental health records

http://smartgunlaws.org/mental-health-reporting-in-new-jersey/

So you think I don't care if the gov violates the 2nd amend? What makes you think this? I am totally against it. Show me where I felt differently? My original post back aways about going to prison was not intended to sound like a joke! I WILL be hauled away if it comes to that! But what I do agree with is some sort of mental health check. Just NOT by invalidating my card by using extreme measures.

If this proposal goes through...

It will be up to YOU to follow through because they don't give a shit!

YOU will pay for any psych evals, doctors, etc. As they say, the burden of proof is on you! Don't do it, they'll haul you away.

So how different are we?

I don't want to lose any of my rights... But if you feel a less extreme method of national mental health checks are wrong, then you are wrong. Because I don't want nuts to have guns. If they can tighten up mental health checks on their ends by instituting a better database, good! But I will not have the method of the OP's proposal methods infringe on my rights! Do we get it yet?

For starters, this:

I have a problem with you wanting the government to disobey the Second Amendment and force me to get permission before I can exercise my rights.

And I find it odd that you (collective) propose further infringements when, time and time again, you are incensed at how the prior ones were turned against you like they always are.

Typos courtesy Apple...

If you are referring to me, then explain something to me. I/we know what the def of the 2nd amend is... We also know times have changed. If you can have your way and have no rules at all. Anyone can buy a gun... Nut jobs, illegal aliens, under age children, alcoholics, etc.... What do you think would happen to people in this country? If we all had guns, would your answer to total freedom entail shooting anyone you deemed inferior? Would you want to fear gang bangers all armed legally? I'm all for our rights not being infringed, but I do believe we can eliminate senseless killing by filtering the undesirables. All the arguments here lead to know reasonable outcome in anyone's eyes obviously because all in all, there are no solutions to your ideals.

I'd like to see every law abiding citizen be allowed to own a gun if they desired. But we do not live in little towns population of 26... We are no longer just Mayberry RFD... There has to be some sensible means of letting law abiding citizens keep their rights but the nuts not....

Let's face it. You don't support the second amendment. You think people should own guns, perhaps in some wishy washy modern iteration of this. You feel it's a privilege for people to have guns and not necessarily a right, mostly because you have no idea what rights are.

Typos courtesy Apple...