So i am going to be picking up my dads guns from the police departmant that were taken from him by the police(long story and my dad is an idiot). Two of the guns are handguns. Can I pick up bouth of them at the same time or no because of the whole one gun a month thing? all togather I will be picking up 2 .22 rifles and 2 pistols.Thanks.

Adam

will they release them to you ?

yes

Did they tell you to pick them up or are you assuming you can pick them up?

no they did not tell me to pick them up my dad is signing them over to me (he is no longer allowed to owne firearms)

I would ask them if you you can since your already dealing with them.

I cant, The officer in charge of all this dosent want to answer questions over the phone and i dont want to set up a meeting just to ask a question

And no my dad dose not live with me so he will not have acess to the guns

Then I could assume since he is signing them over to you. You are becoming the new legal owner of said firearms, and much like a will declares a new owner you wouldn't need a pistol permit, FPID, or to follow ogam. This is only an assumption.

Then I could assume since he is signing them over to you. You are becoming the new legal owner of said firearms, and much like a will declares a new owner you wouldn't need a pistol permit, FPID, or to follow ogam. This is only an assumption.

That would be great!

You will need purchase permits for the handguns. The no permits needed only applies to inheritance (owner deceased). You will probably be able to apply for an exemption to OGAM, and I can't imagine that it would not be approved. Fill out the forms and turn them in with your P2P applications.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You will need purchase permits for the handguns. The no permits needed only applies to inheritance (owner deceased). You will probably be able to apply for an exemption to OGAM, and I can't imagine that it would not be approved. Fill out the forms and turn them in with your P2P applications.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks, what form do i need to fill out and where do i get it from? Should my local PD have them or can i get it online?

Thanks I have the first 2 but I needed the last 2 and yes I have my FPID already

if it's just two handguns its probably going to be faster to just apply for two pistol permits and waiting the 30 days between.

Depends on the town....the state is actually quicker than some of them after all