rtquig

Received a letter back from my Congressman:

As a lot of you did, I took the time to write Congress and State Senators about my view on the AWB bill being proposed. Well Jon Runyan did send me a letter back. It mentioned NOTHING about the AWB, but wanted to let me know that he fought very hard to get bills passed to help get funding for Hurricane Sandy and the fisheries. While I'm happy he did that, how can he ignore the fact that I sent him a letter on the AWB?

He didn't but his staff had to send something so what you received was a form letter they had laying around and probably sent as a reply to just about any correspondence they receive.

Menendez replied to my email with what did not seem like a canned response but seemed as though he would still support stricter gun laws. Maybe the letter I sent will resonate.

Keep on em!

Menendez replied to my email with what did not seem like a canned response but seemed as though he would still support stricter gun laws. Maybe the letter I sent will resonate.

Keep on em!

Yeah I got one from him and DeAngelo... both non committal stating they will be forthcoming with their reply's.

If we are lucky Menendez will be out of a job in a few weeks.

These politicians have been daisy chaining each other the entire span of their careers and every body's got some dirt on the other guy......forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

got the same reply .I clicked on face book at the bottom and not a third down hes telling how proud he is to help fienstein screw us and also fighting for womens rights being a proud father of 2 I wonder if he was thinking of them when he was paying a minor for sex

I received an email supposedly from Joe Biden:

The President did something big last week.

He proposed a set of major reforms to help protect our children and our communities by curbing gun violence, and he's already announced 23 executive actions that will go a long way in helping keep our kids safe.

This is an important start -- but I have no illusions about what needs to be done and how difficult it will be.

Every step we intend to take will preserve the tradition of responsible gun ownership in our country and uphold the Second Amendment. And while we'll never end gun violence entirely, if we can save the life of even one child, then we have a responsibility to act.

This action includes not only what we can do, but what Congress can do. To make a real and lasting difference, they must act soon.

The President has called on Congress to act on four specific legislative measures: closing background check loopholes, banning military-style assault weapons and limiting high-capacity ammunition magazines, making our schools safer, and increasing access to mental health services.

The President asked me to work with law enforcement, teachers, parents, sportsmen, Democrats, Republicans, faith leaders, mental health experts, and other organizations and individuals to come up with a set of concrete policy proposals. The plan he put forth is the product of those conversations and recommendations.

Right now, President Obama is counting on you.

Each one of us needs to speak up and demand action. It doesn't matter whether you live in a big city or a small town like Newtown, Connecticut. When our fellow Americans are victims of senseless violence, we all pull together as one American family.

Let's get this done, folks.

Whether the action we take saves one life or 1,000, it matters.

Thank you,

Joe

He is right. WE need to SPEAK UP. Keep emailing your reps and calling.

stop with the emails and letters

I have said, the thing that works is flooding them with calls. Talking to someone and keeping their phones ringing is much more effective. It takes 5-10 minutes of your day per call.....................DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!