Cemeterys Gun Blob

S2497: Don't need a big clip to shoot a duck

Why do politicians all believe that criminals are going to be restrained by mag capacity? If they're not going to obey laws against murder and robbery, why would they be concerned about limiting their ammo capacity? And worse, why can't polticians understand that? :banghead:

So back in the 90's, NJ passed their AWB, and restricted mags from "high capacity" to 15 rounds, which I'm guessing they figured was "normal capacity". Fast forward to now, and those people are now saying that 15 rounds is "high capacity".

Are you kidding me? I feel that 1000 round mags are "high capacity" anything lower is "normal capacity". I can't stand all of this subjective BS using words like "common sense" and "meaningful", to enact sweeping arbitrary bans that directly affect law abiding citizens and all of our rights.

So back in the 90's, NJ passed their AWB, and restricted mags from "high capacity" to 15 rounds, which I'm guessing they figured was "normal capacity". Fast forward to now, and those people are now saying that 15 rounds is "high capacity".

Are you kidding me? I feel that 1000 round mags are "high capacity" anything lower is "normal capacity". I can't stand all of this subjective BS using words like "common sense" and "meaningful", to enact sweeping arbitrary bans that directly affect law abiding citizens and all of our rights.

Politicians/legislators will often say that "high capacity" magazines capable of holding 100 rounds are not needed. So even if we concede that point (not that we should, mind you), how do we go all the way from there to ten or even seven? Why don't they go to 20, and then we in NJ could make a case for increasing our capacity, and hence our ability to defend ourselves, by five rounds.

Can someone pin point the scotus case to be used in future arguments?

Found it:

Castle Rock v. Gonzales, No. 04-278.

http://en.wikipedia....ock_v._Gonzales

http://www.nytimes.c...s/28scotus.html

More:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-police-have-no-obligation-to-protect-you-yes-really/

And this goes back a lot further than Gonzales:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

I can't believe that they're so stupid to continue to use the Law Enforcement protection argument, when SCOTUS has ruled they have no obligation. If the police protect you as a matter of enforcing the law, it's a bonus.

Law Enforcement are the SECOND responders--you are your own first responder. And have every right to protect yourself.

You are absolutely correct. "Common sense gun laws"" and "meaningful gun laws" has been Obama’s mantra for God knows how long and given the recent tragedy in CT he has ramped-it-up. Now all the locals are jumping on the bandwagon singing those phrases. Sure, at face value it sounds great but there is nothing “meaningful” they are purposing that lends itself to "common sense". As far as Florio in the video he could give a shit, he only wants some payback for getting shit-canned by pissed-off Taxpayers and gun owners for his re-election bid. Him and his cronies are a disgrace to NJ, Florio should be banned from ANY public functions solely based on his past associations with Bryant. I'm sorry folks he and Wayne Bryant were too close for Florio not to know Wayne was dirty. It is no wonder why they want to remove guns from the people

Most of these guys are clowns. They do nothing but politic. Thats there job thats all they know how to do.

And in our corner we have ANJRPC(NRA?) which does not even go to an open forum meeting for a public discussion of a gun grabbing bill.

We are doomed !