Sign in to follow this  
NorthJersey

Any Saiga-12 Owners Tried the Winchester Military Grade Buckshot?

Anyone tried this?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/WINCHESTER-MILITARY-GRADE-BUCKSHOT/1431833.uts?WTz_l=CQO&avad=48247_c3c43e07&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

I was reading reviews on Midway, and it appears to cycle well in Saigas. This stuff is on sale, too. Anodized head in case you don't want your prey to see your bandoleer. :)

$1 per shell? That's pretty expensive. Usually slugs are at .90c a shell but buckshot you can find a good amount cheaper.

Winchester and Federal both make high quality ammo and are usually at $180-200 for a case of 250 shells. And if it's just for target practice and whatnot, I'd suggest Rio or something cheap. That's what I usually get. ATG had cases of Rio low recoil buckshot for $120 a few weeks ago...took advantage of that stuff.

I have a new Saiga 12 and I have a case of this stuff I bought to split between my the new Saiga 12 (I gave it to the old man for Christmas, let him use the magazine fed one he absolutely loves it lol), my new 870 TacMag, and my standy-hotness M930SPX, I haven't tried it out yet but, it looks like its pretty standard, hi quality, full power, 9-pellet, dark green hulled 00 Buck. I can't say it'd be for practice (other than confirming cycle and spread) because it's , waht, it was $4.99 a box of 5 when I bought a lot of it, now it's appearing online and in stores for $5.99 minimum... but I'd load up our mags and keep it for HD.

(Having 17 Saiga-12 magazines requires alot of good ammo for HD :p)

I have a new Saiga 12 and I have a case of this stuff I bought to split between my the new Saiga 12 (I gave it to the old man for Christmas, let him use the magazine fed one he absolutely loves it lol), my new 870 TacMag, and my standy-hotness M930SPX, I haven't tried it out yet but, it looks like its pretty standard, hi quality, full power, 9-pellet, dark green hulled 00 Buck. I can't say it'd be for practice (other than confirming cycle and spread) because it's , waht, it was $4.99 a box of 5 when I bought a lot of it, now it's appearing online and in stores for $5.99 minimum... but I'd load up our mags and keep it for HD.

(Having 17 Saiga-12 magazines requires alot of good ammo for HD :p)

I can't wait to try out my MD arms drum next time I go to Utah.

Wow you must be rich as sugar to be abl to go to Utah to try out a hi-cap Saiga magazine1 That must be the bomb diggity. Can I borrow some money???? I bought my pop a S12 and did my best outfitting it but I still need an Aimpoint or EOTech (maybe even a Mepro M21 or a Trijicon Reflex) ... So since you're rich could you hook me up please?

kthxbai brother! LEt me know when to expect that paypal.

Wow you must be rich as sugar to be abl to go to Utah to try out a hi-cap Saiga magazine1 That must be the bomb diggity. Can I borrow some money???? I bought my pop a S12 and did my best outfitting it but I still need an Aimpoint or EOTech (maybe even a Mepro M21 or a Trijicon Reflex) ... So since you're rich could you hook me up please?

kthxbai brother! LEt me know when to expect that paypal.

I'm not rich; I just have my priorities straight. :) My brother has all my NJ naughty list stuff. I don't go to Utah too often, though. My shooting trip would normally have to coincide with a major event like a funeral, or a wedding, or a BYU-Utah game (aka, the Holy War).

One of the coolest things about traveling to Utah is that I can carry a loaded weapon concealed in my vehicle without a license. http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12345824