MosinRob

selling ammo online

I would like to know if my interpretation of ups ammo shipping rules are correct. Package it so that its secure and primers are safe. tape it up. Write the address's on it. Then draw a box and write orm-d in the box then cartridges small arms on top of the box. Tell ups its ammo. Pay and leave. Correct???

well I would print out ORMD labels online, You can get them here. http://www.type03.net/ammo/orm-d-white-sheet.pdf

You cannot ship from a UPS store, you have to go to a hub in NJ, I opened an account with ups, I pay and print my labels at

home. Drop off at the hub show ID and they ship.

Hey as a UPS driver i can confirm that you cannot in no circumstance ship from any ups store. What Hodgie said is correct. You have to go to the main UPS facility aka HUB in order to ship. Easiest way to avoid the hoopla is to set up an account with us. Also ammo is shipped ground. The is no air service such as next day air or next day air saver. If you set up an account it very convienent to set up the pickup through our website were the driver will come to your home or place of business to pick up your package so u dont have to take it yourself.

I have a few more ?'s about selling ammo online on sites like gb

Besides sending it directly from a UPS hub and labeling it with an ORMD label, along with the signature of someone over the age of 21.

Do I need to get a copy of the buyers DL and ID card?

Can a person in NJ ship to all lower 48 states?

Thanks for your help.

Besides sending it directly from a UPS hub and labeling it with an ORMD label, along with the signature of someone over the age of 21.

Thanks for your help.

Good question...

There are certain places you cannot sell ammo to. you must research these areas, like MA, NY, ILL, etc... and some countys ..I am not sure of all these but takes some research.... read some other peoples ads to get a base and then go from there

You only need to get a license copy for 22LR and pistol ammo.

You cannot ship ammo to every state, No NYC, CHICAGO, MA, WDC and a few others.

This is the disclaimer I typically use.

Buyer is responsible with complying with local state and federal laws. Sorry will not ship to CA; HI; Chicago, other areas of IL require FOID card; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. NJ buyers must provide copy of FOID card and Matching address on DL. Buyer must be 21 yrs or older and provide proof of age, via e-mail or mail, DL address must match shipping address. No shipping to PO boxs.

What if another NJ resident wins the auction for handgun ammunition?

I recently learned that a NJ FFL cannot ship HG ammo to a NJ buyer (intrastate) because the FPID must be presented in person.

Does this requirement apply to a NJ seller that does not hold a FFL license?

Keep the knowledge coming

I recently learned that a NJ FFL cannot ship HG ammo to a NJ buyer (intrastate) because the FPID must be presented in person.

You refering to AMMOMAN? He has had some stuff I wanted to order but by the time I can get a hold of someone its already gone. I did get 1k of 556 from him prior to panic. I had to drive down there. I wonder if he would ship to me now that I been there already and has my papers.... doubt it tho..

I have delt with 2 NJ buyers on gb I did a face to face with them, told them if they dont want to pay shipping they have

to take the ride. You can put that in your auction notes if you like.

You refering to AMMOMAN? He has had some stuff I wanted to order but by the time I can get a hold of someone its already gone. I did get 1k of 556 from him prior to panic. I had to drive down there. I wonder if he would ship to me now that I been there already and has my papers.... doubt it tho..

Ammoland can't ship to NJ it's the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just a generic question -- haven't dealt with that one before

Thanks for your help.

That is actually very funny "Signature of someone over the age of 21". My dogs started getting restless on Friday so I went to the front door. Backed into the front of the driveway was the UPS truck. I watched as the guy got out and made no attempt to even approach the front door, rather he walked the length of the driveway and just left a case of ammo sitting by my garage door. So much for signature required!!!