Pizza Bob

Law & Public Safety Hearing

Nora was simply awesome. Someone must find this woman. She didn't back down and came right back every time.

I want to know who the "Jew from Cherry Hill" was too. The economic impact to this state will be absolutely devastating.

As usual, guys like Fiamingo and Biden continued to impress.

Hi Chv... and all of you. Thank you so much for all your kind words on this thread. It's so sweet of all of ya. Now, if someone could tell me how to listen to just the piece of the hearing (not all 6 hours AGAIN... AHHHHH) then I'll actually be able to find out what I said. LOL

Nora was simply awesome. Someone must find this woman. She didn't back down and came right back every time.

I want to know who the "Jew from Cherry Hill" was too. The economic impact to this state will be absolutely devastating.

Cherry Hil - Ryan McBeth mcbethr on the forums!

Hi Chv... and all of you. Thank you so much for all your kind words on this thread. It's so sweet of all of ya. Now, if someone could tell me how to listen to just the piece of the hearing (not all 6 hours AGAIN... AHHHHH) then I'll actually be able to find out what I said. LOL

Hi Nora, you rocked.

You can download this : http://rmserver.njleg.state.nj.us/internet/2013/ALP/0213-1000AM-M0-1.wma

Then scroll forward in windows media player to 3:53 (three hours and 53 min)

Hi Nora, you rocked.

You can download this : http://rmserver.njle...1000AM-M0-1.wma

Then scroll forward in windows media player to 3:53 (three hours and 53 min)

<grin> I'll have to get my kid to help.. the scroll thing just doesn't work.. Oh well. Thanks again for the pat on the head. What I was planning on talking about was having any gun registration data base at all... had a nice pitch all planned.. oops... I just got mad because I know how the bus people got suckered. What a scam that whole hearing was.

What was utterly MARVELOUS was seeing all of you there. At the Rowan/Rutgers hearing I was the ONLY citizen that testified and Soro tried to shut me out of that.. "OH NO YOU DON'T close this meeting... I've been here ALL DAY!" Grrrrrr. I did have fun when I went outside for a smoke and spoke to all who couldn't get in.

It's YOU GUYS who we need to get active all the time, not just for gun rights as it's the SAME idiots screwing the kids in the inner city by not passing school choice. The same guys killing us with property taxes by NOT supporting fair per/child tuition allowance based funding. It's the same guys who allow 90% of the Medicaid money to go somewhere.... only 10% gets to the doctors and care givers. Double Grrrrrrr.

What we are pushing this 2013 election cycle, as ALL 120 legislative seats are up for election, is for folk to register as DEMOCRAT candidates in Dem incumbent districts and primary against them. It doesn't take $$$$ just 100 signatures (in district). We don't expect folk to win, the point is to be a pain in the ass and drain their resources.... to MAKE A POINT that there are people willing to stand up and fight against them vs rolling over like a bunch of wossies. <g>

Nora,

I am SO GLAD you called that ***** out on not paying attention, and then put him in his place about "His Meeting". We need more involved and vocal people like you. Frankly, let me be sexist for a moment, we need more women like you in the cause to stand up and speak out and be a force to be reckoned with. Our demographic needs to extend beyond middle aged, balding, overweight, camo wearing, over 40, fed up, white guys. That's how the media wants to portray us, that's how the other side wants us to be seen.

IF we can embrace all demographics, all walks of life, we can win this. I would love to see a bunch of rainbow flag wavers, sorority girls, young mothers with kids in tow, etc. The simple question is not only how do we find those gun owners but how do we get them involved, how do we truly reach out to them?? Once the other side can pigeon hole us into a "category", we're done. This is Frank's and Scott's point behind WEAR YOUR DAILY WORK CLOTHES to these type of events.

Nora,

I am SO GLAD you called that ***** out on not paying attention, and then put him in his place about "His Meeting". We need more involved and vocal people like you. Frankly, let me be sexist for a moment, we need more women like you in the cause to stand up and speak out and be a force to be reckoned with. Our demographic needs to extend beyond middle aged, balding, overweight, camo wearing, over 40, fed up, white guys. That's how the media wants to portray us, that's how the other side wants us to be seen.

IF we can embrace all demographics, all walks of life, we can win this. I would love to see a bunch of rainbow flag wavers, sorority girls, young mothers with kids in tow, etc. The simple question is not only how do we find those gun owners but how do we get them involved, how do we truly reach out to them?? Once the other side can pigeon hole us into a "category", we're done. This is Frank's and Scott's point behind WEAR YOUR DAILY WORK CLOTHES to these type of events.

Couldn't have said it better myself... Right on brother!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Lest anyone labor under the false impression that Chv is talking about Joe Biden, I believe he was referring to Bob Viden, the owner of Bob's Little Sport Shop, Pres of the NJ Firearms Retailers Assc and former NRA BOD member. Great guy and always in the forefront of these battles.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Nora,

Well, BOYS <grin>

Sexism doesn't bother me.. some dude get's a bit too uppity I'll just clock 'em. <LOL> You are RIGHT... image is everything when you are out politick'n. Which is why I've got the suit and not my muck boots and FLANNEL shirt <re:nasty liberal comment on NU.COM about guys in flannel>. But I won't give up the hat.. <grin. hate the whole hair do thing... waste of time at 60+>

If you boys want a plan, and if you want to play with me, and IF you are utterly dedicated to it, then I'm your girl. I'm a strategic planner <insert 8 page resume here> summarized to say I did BIG projects.. Megga-elephant size where the scope of the effort easily intimidates most folk. I don't intimidate worth a damn, and I've dedicated the rest of my life to FIXING New Jersey.

You give me a good senior officer command team, and then you slot into the battle plan that team creates, where you fit as individuals, and we CAN do this thing. It takes organization, commitment, funding, and COURAGE to fight city hall. I intend to do that, with ya or by myself, as the Lord dictates.

BUT... we do NOT plan strategy HERE where trolls are watching.. that is a security strategy failure to the max.

BOYS... I had a conversation with God a while back. (If you think THAT's weird, get me to the 3rd glass of wine and telling stories.) The gist of it was "OK, God... you want me to go out and run my mouth... THAT I can do... but I'd need an army to put a dent in this.. that's YOUR job, the providing part."

So my question to this group is: ARE you the Christian Soldiers who are willing to do battle with me against Goliath with slings and rocks? Our slings are us, our rocks are our voices, our feet, our passion to see rightness return to our society. If so then that general staff group needs to meet... like NOW.

What say you all? Are you boys willing to follow where a GIRL leads?????

I'm assuming those references were metaphorical...

I hope so, because I won't be apart of a religious mission to retain weapons, because that's exactly how it would be labeled. I think religion needs to be left completely out of this. It has no place in the 2a fight.

BOYS... I had a conversation with God a while back. (If you think THAT's weird, get me to the 3rd glass of wine and telling stories.) The gist of it was "OK, God... you want me to go out and run my mouth... THAT I can do... but I'd need an army to put a dent in this.. that's YOUR job, the providing part."

So my question to this group is: ARE you the Christian Soldiers who are willing to do battle with me against Goliath with slings and rocks? Our slings are us, our rocks are our voices, our feet, our passion to see rightness return to our society. If so then that general staff group needs to meet... like NOW.

What say you all? Are you boys willing to follow where a GIRL leads?????

You who immediately see the word Christian and bristle, you're part of the problem as well, you're no different than those who bristle at the mere mention of the word gun or firearm. Go back and take the woman's words IN CONTEXT. She's not advocating singing "Onward Christian Soldiers, marching as to war..." she asked her GOD for an ARMY, are you the Christian Army her Christian God sent her? Or are you without any faith in anything? Incapable of seeing past a metaphor?

Jesus all you atheists have a serious malfunction. Do you think this woman who will stand for our rights will refuse Jews or Muslims, or Atheists or Agnostics, or Buddhist or Hindus? Cmon now, get your heads OUT OF YOUR ARSES!

Nice reaction dude. The whole point was we need to keep religious fervor out of the political conversation, and your reaction is religious fervor telling people they have malfunctions.

Nice, you keep doing that, it will work wonders for us in the long term.

+1000. I gave her the benefit of the doubt suggesting it was metaphorical. We need to be laser-focused on 2A and 2A only.

You who immediately see the word Christian and bristle, you're part of the problem as well, you're no different than those who bristle at the mere mention of the word gun or firearm. Go back and take the woman's words IN CONTEXT. She's not advocating singing "Onward Christian Soldiers, marching as to war..." she asked her GOD for an ARMY, are you the Christian Army her Christian God sent her? Or are you without any faith in anything? Incapable of seeing past a metaphor?

Jesus all you atheists have a serious malfunction. Do you think this woman who will stand for our rights will refuse Jews or Muslims, or Atheists or Agnostics, or Buddhist or Hindus? Cmon now, get your heads OUT OF YOUR ARSES!

Metaphors are all fine and dandy.. but the vast majority of people will take them literally. The problem with bringing religion (and abortion) into the equation is that it alienates much of the "middle of the road" crowd.

In an earlier post you said something about wanting to see more (and I'm paraphrasing here cuz I'm too lazy to find your exact words) "rainbow colored flag folks" in the mix. That's a GREAT idea. We NEED to appeal to a more a diverse cross section of the voting public.

Unfortunately, the minute we start coming across as "religious conservatives" we lose those people and we once again become a bunch of old, fat, white guys in camo clinging to our guns and bibles. Some people may like that "image", but, in the long run, it doesn't help us get those swing voters to our side.

At the end of the day, the 2A battle is mostly a battle of perception.

ETA: Welcome to forum, Nora :)

Metaphors are all fine and dandy.. but the vast majority of people will take them literally. The problem with bringing religion (and abortion) into the equation is that it alienates much of the "middle of the road" crowd.

Actually, it only does so in liberal enclaves such as NJ where people bristle at words like gun and Christian (both rights enshrined in the constitituion) but embrace words like illegal drugs, sex with minors, tax evasion and corruption (not found in the constitution).

The point is not to base ANY group on religion - I get it. The point I'm making is that you all are well over-reacting to a woman who dares to "pray" for an army. If you refuse to support her right to free speech, you're no better than the enemy.

And yes, David was a Jew, as were Ishmael (from which the Muslim nation comes) and Jesus.

Here you go Norma:

Great speech!

I love it, I'd pick her up in November from where ever she lives and when he gets outdated just so she can have the chance to ask Hi and ask him If he remembers her..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't object to what Nora said because I took it as metaphorical. But I'll admit to cringing a bit when I listened to testimony on the 13th and people brought up abortion. If you're losing me with that tactic, how do you think that goes over with others?

Final thought-- other than maybe, maybe saying 'God-given rights', how many times do you think Gura has invoked religion while testifying in court? And I will eat my humble pie if I am completely wrong about that.

Actually, it only does so in liberal enclaves such as NJ where people bristle at words like gun and Christian (both rights enshrined in the constitituion) but embrace words like illegal drugs, sex with minors, tax evasion and corruption (not found in the constitution).

Indeed.. but, since we are in fact in NJ, fighting for our rights in NJ, it would probably benefit us to express ourselves in such a way as to appeal to as many people as possible, from every walk of life... even the liberals. 95% of the people that spoke at the hearing (Nora included) were able to make their arguments without bringing up Christianity.

Oh, and before I get lumped into the "all you atheists" category.. I'm an Orthodox Christian ;)

Anyway, this thread is falling way off the rails at this point. I think we can all agree that Nora did a FANTASTIC job at the hearing and was certainly one of the highlights of the day.

I agree. And could we also not bring up abortion in this effort as well.

I cringed when someone yelled out from the gallery about abortion. It went something like, "if you care about saving lives so much then stop allowing babies to be killed via abortion". It was out of order and counter productive in my opinion. Moving on..