Howard

First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal

Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

Shot one:

8482779774_8f34d2738a_d.jpg

Everything:

8482779210_7e2d63bdc0_d.jpg

Good shooting! I took a ride out to Heritage in Easton this morning and rented a G22 gen4. Put 50 rounds down range and actually really prefer it to the G21. Congrats on the pickup

Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

How is the muzzle flip on the Glock 22 gen4? I hear the gen4 is better with the new recoil spring. I was going to get a 17 or 19, but am seriously considering the Glock 22 gen4.

I really don't have enough experience to answer the muzzle flip question. I was told that the .40 cal is more difficult to control than the 9mm, but I did not find that to be the case. Maybe it is the new recoil spring as I am comparing a G17 gen3 to the G22 gen4.

How is the muzzle flip on the Glock 22 gen4? I hear the gen4 is better with the new recoil spring. I was going to get a 17 or 19, but am seriously considering the Glock 22 gen4.

I still feel it is like most .40 caliber polymer guns. Snappy in my opinion. The recoil springs last forever though.

Shot one:

8482779774_8f34d2738a_d.jpg

Everything:

8482779210_7e2d63bdc0_d.jpg

Is it you first glock? The trigger does take a little time to get used to it.

Ok cool, so it will be easier for you to get used to it. .40 caliber can be a snappy round for a new shooter. The recoil is even more so with a polymer gun. What is worse is that .40 is very hard to find now. Get yourself some snap caps and practice dry firing to get used to the trigger. It will not help you to get used to the recoil, but it will help you to become familiar with the glock trigger. When at the range, just take time between your shots. Concentrate on your breathing, pick up the slack in the trigger and let the gun surprise you. Try not to buy ammo at the range as you will have to get a second mortgage to pay for it there. You made a nice choice in the Glock, and good luck with it.

On a side note get some of the Birchwood Casey Dirty Bird targets. They come in a variety of sizes, and you can place them over the targets that you are already using. When you hit them they change color, so it is easier to see exactly where you hits are. They also come with little circles that you peel off to repair holes in the target. A lot cheaper, and a lot easier to use and see. :)

Ok cool, so it will be easier for you to get used to it. .40 caliber can be a snappy round for a new shooter. The recoil is even more so with a polymer gun. What is worse is that .40 is very hard to find now. Get yourself some snap caps and practice dry firing to get used to the trigger. It will not help you to get used to the recoil, but it will help you to become familiar with the glock trigger. When at the range, just take time between your shots. Concentrate on your breathing, pick up the slack in the trigger and let the gun surprise you. Try not to buy ammo at the range as you will have to get a second mortgage to pay for it there. You made a nice choice in the Glock, and good luck with it.

Thanks. When I am paying close attention I really don't notice a lot of difference between 9mm and .40 cal. I got a KKM .40 to 9 conversion barrel and G17 mag and have fired some 9mm from the gun as well. I thought it would be cheaper to do that, but not right now. First I can find plenty of .40 cal while 9mm is very hard to find, and the 9mm that is available in many places is actually selling for more than I can buy .40 cal for at the moment.