PDM

Amended Mag Bill

I wonder if slmeone was to hypothetically not get rid of their 15rd mags, thus committing a crime, would they then be more likely to buy 30rd pmags to keep in addition to their other non-compliant mags? I bet most here have only currently compliant mags and won't get rid of them after the ban so why not get everything at that point?

We have a winner!!!

I wonder if slmeone was to hypothetically not get rid of their 15rd mags, thus committing a crime, would they then be more likely to buy 30rd pmags to keep in addition to their other non-compliant mags? I bet most here have only currently compliant mags and won't get rid of them after the ban so why not get everything at that point?

An interesting point.

How about they don't limit people on capacity who are law abiding gun owners, but increase the penalty for real criminals who commit crimes. Again real criminals, start using the max penalties for commission of crimes and add in an additional year per round based on capacity. And before someone jumps on it and says something, I'll repeat it again, a real criminal committing a real crime..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PURE BS.

So this begs a question.

In the next very unfortunate and sadly, inevitable mass-shooting. HOW MANY rounds do these bleed-heart nannyite utopianist dictator wanabes will DROP DOWN to now???

7?

5?

3?

1?

0???? <<<<<<Your True answer. Despite their lies.

How about they don't limit people on capacity who are law abiding gun owners, but increase the penalty for real criminals who commit crimes. Again real criminals, start using the max penalties for commission of crimes and add in an additional year per round based on capacity. And before someone jumps on it and says something, I'll repeat it again, a real criminal committing a real crime..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because:

1. Limiting legal possession of "large capacity ammunition magazines" to the home of legal gun owners or those legally allowed to carry in NJ makes entirely too much sense. I'd be willing to bet that over 90% of magazines holding 11 rounds or more that are recovered from crimes in our state were found loaded into illegally obtained/owned firearms.

2. Politicians claim that these laws are focused to minimize the deaths at random mass shootings. According to the FBI, in 2011 there was 8583 firearm homicides. Also according to the FBI, there was 390 justifiable firearm homicides by LEOs and 201 by civilians in 2011. That leaves us a total of 7992 non-justifiable firearm homicides in 2011. I can't find FBI numbers when it comes to mass shooting homicides in 2011, but even if we said 100 were killed in such events (which is most likely way too high), that would put mass homicides at a whooping 1.25% of total firearm murders. Leave it to politicians to tackle the sexy 1% number, leave the other 99% untouched, and then have a press conference saying how they "made a difference." In case you were wondering, saving "just one life" in 2011 by having a magazine ban would account for 0.012513% of total victims of firearm homicides. What do you say to the families of the other 99.9874875%?

Because:

1. Limiting legal possession of "large capacity ammunition magazines" to the home of legal gun owners or those legally allowed to carry in NJ makes entirely too much sense. I'd be willing to bet that over 90% of magazines holding 11 rounds or more that are recovered from crimes in our state were found loaded into illegally obtained/owned firearms.

2. Politicians claim that these laws are focused to minimize the deaths at random mass shootings. According to the FBI, in 2011 there was 8583 firearm homicides. Also according to the FBI, there was 390 justifiable firearm homicides by LEOs and 201 by civilians in 2011. That leaves us a total of 7992 non-justifiable firearm homicides in 2011. I can't find FBI numbers when it comes to mass shooting homicides in 2011, but even if we said 100 were killed in such events (which is most likely way too high), that would put mass homicides at a whooping 1.25% of total firearm murders. Leave it to politicians to tackle the sexy 1% number, leave the other 99% untouched, and then have a press conference saying how they "made a difference." In case you were wondering, saving "just one life" in 2011 by have a magazine ban would account for 0.012513% of total victims of firearm homicides. What do you say to the families of the other 99.9874875%?

I heard the number from 2011 of mass shootings (>4 victims) was 58.

IIRC source was John Lott.

I heard the number from 2011 of mass shootings (>4 victims) was 58.

IIRC source was John Lott.

If that number is accurate (certainly doesn't seem out of place or unreasonable to me), that 1.25% drops down to 0.0725726%. They are spending months crafting these bills to try and have an effect on 0.07% of firearm murders. Totally ridiculous.

My only concern, if/when it passes, how do they notify all of the existing gun owners.

They'll do their normal PR stuff, like when the Yield to Pedestrians law passed. Then they'll use the old "ignorance is no excuse" when prosecuting people who said they never heard about it. I fear that there are a number of gun owners out there who still have no idea these things are about to go through the legislature.

Nonsense.. If the deal is good enough I buy ammo for guns i dont own. If it ever comes a time to explain myself.. im investing since these assholes are driving up the price of ammo with their stunts. On second thought.. ill stick with "none of your god damned business"

It was a bit tongue-in-cheek there.. I'm with you brother, as I'm sure most here are. If the Powers That Be think they can trample over my 2nd Amendment rights just wait until they see the hard-on I've got for the 4th and 5th Amendments!

I just dont friggin get it.. this law, if passed, makes most of my handguns and long guns not legal...How the heck am I supposed to scramble and get new 10rd mags for all my stuff? and who will compensate me for disposing of my 15rd mags? and if all my guns become inoperable, this is infringment on Heller decision! any of those retartds in assambley know how to read!?!?!?

I demand not only mental health check for them, but also a friggin IQ test!

I am envoking this statement.. they can come and try get my stuff, i will not comply and i will protect my posessions as per NJ constitution.

This is from NJ constitution I belive

All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness