mge_1

Lets see your Dog aka 1st line of defense for some...

Those of us who trust our families to the protection of a dog, and all animal lover will shed a tear...

Police give guard of honor to K-9 on his way to be put down after losing battle with kidney disease

http://nyp.st/12rfzFD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

German Shepherd police dog Kaiser is given a farewell guard of honor from members the Plymouth, Massachusetts police department as the dog makes his way to the vet to be put down after losing the battle with kidney disease.

PLYMOUTH, Mass. — Those who have suffered the loss of a pet often describe it as if they lost a member of the family. For a Plymouth police officer, losing his dog meant losing his partner.

Kaiser, a member of Plymouth's K-9 team, was recently diagnosed with a severe kidney disease, according to the Plymouth Police Working Dog Foundation's Facebook page. The dog was placed into retirement when the disease began to take a toll on him.

Officer Jaime Lebretton, who was in charge of Kaiser, ultimately made what he calls the "heart-wrenching" decision to have the dog put down after seeking the advice of a veterinarian, trainer, and family members.

Kaiser was laid to rest Friday. Members of the Plymouth Police Department gathered to say goodbye to their friend and co-worker.

"Kaiser taught me more about myself and my profession than I could have ever taught him," the dog's partner wrote on Facebook. "I feel privileged to have had a front row seat to witness his bravery and heroic actions while serving the people of Plymouth and my brothers and sisters in blue."

Our Shiba Inu Rascal probably wouldn't even care unless someone tried to steal "his" couch or bedattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1366390666186.jpg

He was very unhappy when I took this picture while he was trying to sleep

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1366390744395.jpg

He does a great job of guarding the window from birds though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Had 2 Shibas...  Awesome dogs!

He'll grow into them for sure.

I did Bruno at a year. If you decide not to, he'll be a handful for sure. At the year mark their chest will have popped and he'll have that muscular bad ass look. Some do it way too soon and males look like females.

Even after only year it took another 18 months for him to calm down. Just FYI.

He'll grow into them for sure.

I did Bruno at a year. If you decide not to, he'll be a handful for sure. At the year mark their chest will have popped and he'll have that muscular bad ass look. Some do it way too soon and males look like females.

Even after only year it took another 18 months for him to calm down. Just FYI.

Good to know!  At 5 months and 72lbs.. he's a big boy.

Diva,

Our 168lb Female Great Dane

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a great watch dog and companion................

I've met Diva, smart and sweet! :-) ... oh I mean.. mean scary pony sized killer! 

Good to know! At 5 months and 72lbs.. he's a big boy.

Yes, Bruno was at about that until about 1.5 years. Then he got bigger and more muscular with a daily run. He's now about 110 lbs with no sense of humor. We've been training for about a year+ with CCK9.

post-5742-137536137074_thumb.jpg

Yes, Bruno was at about that until about 1.5 years. Then he got bigger and more muscular with a daily run. He's now about 110 lbs with no sense of humor. We've been training for about a year+ with CCK9.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1375361371.010085.jpg

MY GOD! I have fallen in love with the "Coated" GSDs.  Then again mine sheds like a friggen monster so I can't imagine a long haired!  Mine is just over a year we nuetered at about 10 months.  He is dog aggressive and we are trying to fix that so he can go back to class!  Maybe more "daily runs" would be good for us both

Mine:

wink-_-wink-albums5258-a-picture28754-5.

wink-_-wink-albums5258-a-picture28746-ph

MY GOD! I have fallen in love with the "Coated" GSDs. Then again mine sheds like a friggen monster so I can't imagine a long haired! Mine is just over a year we nuetered at about 10 months. He is dog aggressive and we are trying to fix that so he can go back to class! Maybe more "daily runs" would be good for us both

Mine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pics don't show on tapatalk.

Yes, the long hairs are great. Bruno actually is pretty good with the shedding. He goes to groomers once a month and gets combed out. He hates it. Bruno is not dog aggressive as long as they don't act dominant. But uppity ones he can't stand. And I understand that... He has 3 girlfriends that he hangs out with all the time. Saying that, his main job is protection, so if he doesn't know you he is aggressive. And getting to know him is a process. So unless its family or friends we don't bother. Some people he just doesn't like. No matter what. Breeder says that they can sense nervousness and fear and smell adrenaline. So people generally give him a wide berth.

Here he is with his charges:

post-5742-137545035951_thumb.jpg