mge_1

Lets see your Dog aka 1st line of defense for some...

Sadie, 2yo Aussie Cattledog/Shiba Inu/Godknowswhat Mix, rescued her a little over a year ago. She was abused horribly as a puppy but she is in a great home now. Greatest burglar alarm possible, never heard a dog as small as her be so loud.

420368_10100384046140568_985696979_n.jpg

602081_10100374453499298_1416078917_n.jpg

She loves her country

32415_10100314381119828_1967513828_n.jpg

Wow nice! I cannot show this to my wife lol

Yeah I cant wait till they are old enough to be taken by new owners. they are cute, but they are pests. adorable pests. Forget about walking around with socks on.

This is the dog that chose me for my wife (or so the joke goes since he's tried to bite and draw blood from every other guy my wife dated before me and then I met him on my wife and I's first date and we became buddies)... Anyways, his name is Toby and yeah he's small, but he makes up for it with commanding personality and extreme watch dog skills. He's my first dog and I can't believe what he can hear- even in his sleep. If you can't afford a home alarm, just get a Maltese and feed him your scraps - he'll let you know if someone steps into your yard any time of day or night!

386C2346-DDBD-4289-8201-877DD11C46CF-2001-00000209490E8299_zps4ea430ed.jpg

A6699EA9-B606-4AD9-BFA6-89A8A72D94CF-2001-00000209369BD27A_zps140ac66f.jpg

He also likes to catch small birds midair and small animals that trespass into his yard/home. Lol

My mini-poodle rescue is a great guard dog (most mini's are) in the sense he will spend the entire day watching the property and letting you and the much bigger dog know that you need to look. Can't get near the street/house without him altering you. Use a mini as the siren and then a much bigger dog as the artillery, haha.

As soon as you come into the house, he reverts to a trick dog. One thing most people don't know is that poodles are awesome bird dogs and if allowed to tap into their roots, will love dragging birds out of water.

Here's my first line of defense.

Yesterday morning he alerted and began growling while I was out on a walk. It was still dark and the outside light was projecting my shadow on to the shed. Well, the dog wanted to let me know that he meant business! The shadow was a clear and present danger that could only be dispatched by a glance in the other direction "OH SHINY!!" and that was that. lol.

fitz.jpg

I know... Thought my daughter would be upset but she was excited. I was washing dishes and she came in and said Kobe's got an animal. I thought she was just messing with me until i went out and watched him sprint like 2 laps around the backyard with it in his mouth. Im actually surprised he listened to me and dropped it, he didnt want to give it up at 1st..

I dont really think he knew what to do with it tho, and he almost looked kind of sad when he realized it was dead. I think he wanted to play with it a little more LOL!

Our Shiba Inu Rascal probably wouldn't even care unless someone tried to steal "his" couch or bedpost-5630-136639065169_thumb.jpg

He was very unhappy when I took this picture while he was trying to sleep

post-5630-136639072988_thumb.jpg

He does a great job of guarding the window from birds though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2