olderguy

How do we wake up 1,000,000 Gun Owners

I have talked to several friends and they had no clue that anything was happening in Trenton. Most gun owners and fellow New Jerseyans don't. Heck, my wife wouldn't either if I hadn't told her. She hears me almost every night calling and talking to another fellow gun owner and explaining what is taking place. How can we fault ANY of the gun owners out there. Not everyone sits on the internet looking at this sort of stuff. We don't see anything on the nightly news talking about the impending gun laws in NJ, only about what has already taken-place in NY or what the clowns in DC are trying to do. We are doing a terrible job reaching-out and getting more people involved. Apathy runs high in this state. I will continue to call people I know to try and get them out and vote with us. I am certainly what is coined a "one-issue" voter. I will vote for anyone that is Pro 2A and looks at the current laws and proposed future laws and puts forward laws that will help the problem and rescind those that do not. I don't care what party they are from, that does not matter one bit to me.

I know 2 guys that own pistols for home defense and could give a crap about anything else, and ask why I need an AR. If I have a hard time getting these 2 in line what about everyone else that isnt at last that invested like the Fudds. This is a tough road to haul.

exactly same happened to me few days ago...

35 year old guys, both own handguns for few years... even shot them few times...

they saw nothing wrong with any of the proposed laws and both have 10rd mags in the handguns already

they own one handgun each with 1 box of ammo...

It would be helpfull to have flyer that I can give out.. that can be an eye opener to guys like that

I lurked on here for months before joining and doing research on AR-15's before I finally bought one. I am a long-time pistol shooter that never went to online gun forums. I only found out about the anti-gun laws from reading it here and in American Rifleman magazine. I was also at both Trenton rallies, albeit outside both times. I think like a few mentioned a lot of us work and would have to take time off. I am lucky I work in Trenton and can attend these rallies.

We will never get the media support or coverage necessary to get gun-owners out there. It has to be advertisements in hunting magazines, newspapers, flyers, etc. I think distributing flyers at gunstores and gun clubs may help also, but that may only attract the hunting crowd that is not fully behind us. But it cannot hurt either.

I would like to see the NRA spend some money on tv ads in NJ also. I would like to know where all the money I donate to them goes.

We need a viral campaign of some type to scare the firearms owners into realizing what is going on and light a fire under their asses. Not sure what way to go about doing that though :-/

How about a "reach out to 3 gun owners" pyramid scheme? I've been going out of my way to educate gun owners who aren't connected to forums and email lists. I'm encouraged to see that there are plenty of non-internet people out there who know what's going on.

I'm really disappointed in the NRA. It would cost them nothing to send out NJ-tailored action alerts or even to give some money to one of our local groups to post full page ads. I wish I could get back my life membership dues and give them to our local orgs.

Honestly bring them to the range with me! I love shooting and guns, it's always been one of my many passions in life. I made friends with the Guys waiting next to me, I helped one on choosing a new 380 and when I was inside shooting, I let the other guy try my CX4 in a 40 SW, he loved it and wanted to get one too.

When I say take them to the range with me, I mean it in the general sense. Let's face it, the shooting sports are addictive and fun like few other activities in life. I even post some of my range pictures on my Facebook, that's right social media is a powerful tool (how many followers on our own NJ 2A FB page?). I wrote about my time at the range today as almost zen like, combining breathing, focus and stillness and becoming one with the target. I love the shooting sports because I can measure my improvement. I love them because it's my time or I can make it time with friends.

Lets face facts, that there is such a vast array of shooting sports from pistol or rifle target shooting, to competition, to certification classes, to carry classes, to skeet to trap. Just get out there and dust off your guns and bring a friend, post to Facebook or twitter about what a great time you had.

There is no shame in loving firearms and shooting, remember the 2A is a a RIGHT NOT A PRIVILEGE. It's as American as apple pie. I was raised upstate NY where if you didn't come home once a year with an animal on the roof of your car, the neighbors questioned your patriotism. That old America is always here and always will be, you just can't play into the anti-gun liberal media and stoop to there level.

They are the ones on the wrong side of the tracks NOT us. Think about the potential power of this organization if each one of us committed to try and introduce a new person to the wonderful shooting sports a few times per year; and if they became also hooked they too would bring others into our family.

I know 2 guys that own pistols for home defense and could give a crap about anything else, and ask why I need an AR. If I have a hard time getting these 2 in line what about everyone else that isnt at last that invested like the Fudds. This is a tough road to haul.

Do they have FID cards and P2P forms? They might want to know the consequences of not having those little pieces of paper.