BarkNBite

keep Your SA Up......

You mean things I can't GET CAUGHT doing in my house ;)

Point being, there's nothing "irresponsible" about leaving a loaded weapon (not in a safe) inside a LOCKED house (with no children.)

Unless my dog figures out how to use a P89 "more kibble or mom gets it!!"

You mean things I can't GET CAUGHT doing in my house ;)

Point being, there's nothing "irresponsible" about leaving a loaded weapon (not in a safe) inside a LOCKED house (with no children.)

Unless my dog figures out how to use a P89 "more kibble or mom gets it!!"

I'd agree. A lot of my friends that live in more rural areas do this. It's pretty common really. Lot's of people leave loaded

guns in cars as well and of course lock up the car. What's the difference?

I'd just say as others have before that the one major risk is theft.

The more thought I give to this topic the more I think if I intend to use a weapon for home defense it needs to be accessible and ready to act in under 10-15 seconds. As much as I want to think ill have the time to get to my safe, punch in the code, grab the gun, and present it before someone can kick in my door and run up my steps just seems unrealistic.

I'm leaning towards the idea of one of those quick disconnects kits for my holster and then I can mount the holster to my bedside at night and just throw it in the safe before leaving for work in the morning. i tend to open my safe every morning to get my watch or cash anyway so not really an inconvenience.

Even though he is a criminal, I would feel bad if a kid were injured due to youthful stupidity because I left a something out where they could easilly access it.

I know I am a colossal grouch, but I would not feel one iota of sorrow. It is Darwin's natural order trying to work in spite of our every effort to frustrate it. Youthful stupidity grows into adult stupidity and then spawns more stupidity.

I also do not feel one iota of sorrow for a criminal being shot. Robbers, muggers, burglers, robbers, pickpockets, whatever. If we could shoot 50% of these criminals, a lot of the other 50% would start thinking about a new line of work. Heck, I would even like to fire warning shots at out of state drivers on the Turnpike.

On the Darwin thing...my position is that if one of these guys gets shot, odds are this isn't the first crime they committed a crime and his luck just ran out. Odds are, if they are willing to break into your house, they are capable of doing or have harmed some innocent people prior.

Rapists rarely get caught the first time. People who commit violent acts in the commision of a crime may not have killed someone in a premeditated manner, but they certainly were prepared to cause some major physical harm if confronted. That is why 67% of crimes are commited by more then one person at a time according to the FBI. Hence my position of having enough firepower for a single hit taking them out of the fight. That is why I keep a 45 in the night stand,... to get me to my 12 gauge.

My point being...they force their way into my house uninvited, they are going to have a choice to hit the deck or be hit by some lead. There will be no other opinions. I don't mean going all Camden cop and shooting thru the door at some lost pizza dude or stranded motorist ringing my bell, But if you elect to run, you're getting the butt of a firearm crashing into your skill as hard as I can thrust it if I can get you before you leave. I'm not going to shoot you in the back, but I will chase you and detain you until the PD show up.

I spent too many years bouncing at a Newark bar to be scared by some strung out dirt bag. Ask my neighbors, I've chased and whomped black bears that have pissed me off. A single-phuck I don't give.