HODGIE

M44's in stock but not for long.

Classic is typically a few bucks higher then the other dealers but they always send nice rifles and if you are not

happy they will take it back no questions asked. I just got my M38 from them today, it's a Molot gun and it's a real

beauty. They are slowly drying up from importation so I expect to see some price increase from 2 years ago.

I wish I hadn't flinched on AIM a few weeks back as those were beautiful!

I don't know about drying up as guys on the 7.62x54r board are saying the opposite which is why we are seeing nicer m44s hitting the shelves. Apparently, new stock is being released etc and thousands are due to hit the states. These guys generally are right about gluts and supply.....I personally have no knowledge of it other than stocked m44 product has been getting nicer quality

I wish I hadn't flinched on AIM a few weeks back as those were beautiful!

I don't know about drying up as guys on the 7.62x54r board are saying the opposite which is why we are seeing nicer m44s hitting the shelves. Apparently, new stock is being released etc and thousands are due to hit the states. These guys generally are right about gluts and supply.....I personally have no knowledge of it other than stocked m44 product has been getting nicer quality

I believe this is because of the Molot Arsenel which some of the "Purists" seem to have an issue with since the gun's

were not referbed by Tula or izhevsk arsenel. Which ever way it's going I dont know for sure but there are a lot less

being imported at this time, or they are coming in smaller lots. A few years ago you could check at least 10 sights a day

and all had basic 91/30's at the very least.

I'm thinking about buying one, are these the NOT soaked in cosmoline versions?

i think all the unfired rifles you should expect that but hodgie should be able to tell you the full scoop

like place of origin for most of the petroleum used in the cosmoline lol

I have never received one that I purchased from an online store that was not in cosmo, my recent 91/30 from

IO, M44, Molot PU and the M38 all in cosmo, the amount of cosmo varies per rifle.

yea still havnt gotten mine from wideners... i got one of the last bunch so im not expecting the best but we shall see ;)

waiting on my m44 from wideners to ship :(

2 weeks and no shippy :(

i really think its gonna be worth the wait from what i have heard about this lot! thanks again hodgie

I would give them a call or shoot them an e-mail to make sure that everything is normal, seems pretty long

to ship an instock rifle to me. Winders been around a long time great rep so I would not worry too much.

230 bucks isn't too bad. It's the times now, either pay it or don't you. Sure, they can be had cheaper and def cheaper 8 months ago but if you want it, they're there.

I prefer buying surplus-type guns FTF, in a shop, or gunbroker since you can see it/handle it. But it's also kind of fun getting a random one and not knowing what you'll get, cause sometimes you'll get a gem!

I would give them a call or shoot them an e-mail to make sure that everything is normal, seems pretty long

to ship an instock rifle to me. Winders been around a long time great rep so I would not worry too much.

their phones are disconnected says so on their site and havnt replied to any (3) separate emails...

didnt hesitate to charge my card though....

Wideners is backed up as any other site is. Most of their sales are powders, primers, bullets, ammo... so tons of orders in.

I have been waiting close to 2 months now for powder valley. It happens. it will come.

Was the card charged?

I believe this is because of the Molot Arsenel which some of the "Purists" seem to have an issue with since the gun's

were not referbed by Tula or izhevsk arsenel. Which ever way it's going I dont know for sure but there are a lot less

being imported at this time, or they are coming in smaller lots. A few years ago you could check at least 10 sights a day

and all had basic 91/30's at the very least.

My issue with the Molot guns is they were specifically refurbished for civilian sales exports. They purdied them up for resale rather than a true arsenal gun. Almost like the Mitchells Mausers of the mosin world.

My issue with the Molot guns is they were specifically refurbished for civilian sales exports. They purdied them up for resale rather than a true arsenal gun. Almost like the Mitchells Mausers of the mosin world.

Yes and no. molot actually is an arsenal, however they never made the mosin nagant

they made the PPSH-41 and later to currently the RPK. Witch is the basis for the VEPER.

They did purchase vast lots of various models of the MN to arsenal refinish for

export sales however they should never be placed in the mitchells catagory.

they are not completely rescrubed renumbered and refinished like a mitchells then

sold for a premium. My m38 has a mismatched trigger guard floor plate and the stock

could use some work. The rest is matching. My PU is all matching not scrubbed by the way

except for the scope and mount. They are true origionals but not matching to

each other or the rifle. If a collector such as myself requires a specific year from

a specific arsenal then the molot will not fit that specific gap but try finding a Mo double dated M38

in a laminte stock. My buddie did from molot. These are period correct and great shooters.

some will be all matching some wont. The price is right and they are avaiable.

By the way the m44's currently for sale in this thread were not advertised

as molot guns by classic, like the.m38's were.

Some, but a lot of it is probably condition. The M44's started to be made in 1944 so they never had to spend a winter in russia slugging it out with the Germans, so there are a lot more lightly used ones. The Koreans probably used mostly Chinese knock offs.

Also the size is a lot more manageable in my opinion.

AIM surplus has M44's in stock for $199.00 and a $10.00 hand pick option.

The last one I got from them in December was in excellent condition, very very little to no Comsoline

and NOT a molot arsenal gun if that kind of thing matters to you. The only thing I cannot promise if

there will be cosmo just telling you mine had little to none.

These will be gone in less then an hour.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=696&name=Russian+Mosin+Nagant+Model+1944+7.62x54R+Carbine

Got in on one. Now just need to find some ammo...

Sportsmans guide has some new production in stock.

http://www.sportsman...aspx?c=96&s=954

http://www.copesdistributing.com/

They has spam cans in yesterday for $89.99 and they have $10.00 flat rate shipping, but the site seems to be

dow right now.

Here's a good coupon for sportsmans guide, used it last week, not sure it's still valid.

TRKSAVE313 24.00 off orders of 150 or more. If not check retail me not.com for new ones.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/sportsmansguide.com?ei=5843087&ch=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=alert&utm_campaign=alert_offer_daily&utm_content=4510765&utm_term=sportsmansguide.com#cid.4510765

AIM surplus has M44's in stock for $199.00 and a $10.00 hand pick option.

The last one I got from them in December was in excellent condition, very very little to no Comsoline

and NOT a molot arsenal gun if that kind of thing matters to you. The only thing I cannot promise if

there will be cosmo just telling you mine had little to none.

These will be gone in less then an hour.

http://www.aimsurplu....62x54R+Carbine

got one!