Albanian

Cameras at ranges... why are they not allowed?

The cell phone prohibition is generally to help prevent straw purchases. The straw purchaser is sent into the store and stays in contact with the real (prohibited) purchaser via the phone or text. May send photos to insure they are buying the correct piece etc. Prohibition of cell phone useage in gun stores is pretty common.

thats what the owner and friends that work at target master have told me...that its straw purchase concerns in the store...i personally go to ranges to shoot firearms.. not take pictures/make videos.. but to each their own... fwiw on the range at tm the rso's dont seem to mind as long as its done safely and with common sense/courtesy...not imposing on the next lane or trying to take pics of yourself shooting an mp5 one handed..lol....

Any connections to any albanian sks's ?

I wish haha I am looking for a good matching one off Gun Broker myself, also using the SKS forums. I want to buy one in a couple months.

..........or use blanks...... :)........but it wouldn't be the real thing now would it.

I ve been to an Albanian wedding in Korce 10 yrs ago............needed earplugs.........

I have thought about blanks but it just isn't the same lol

Damn so you were in Albania? A relative married an Albanian I assume? But yeah weddings over there... will make you go deaf lmao

I'd never try to record without asking permission. I repsect the rules of the range.

I can understand why some people would not want it know that they own a firearm so their privacy should be respected. However at one gun club I used to belong to they put cameras in to stop the damage that was being down by members shooting up the roof and other things.

I shoot at Shore Shot and take pictures all the time and my brother does the same. I have checked their rules online and it says nothing about cell phones that I can find and I have never seen a sign. I actually have been taking pictures so I can keep track of how much better my groupins is getting with each pistol. I haven't taken pics of actual shooting though because there is a gun in my hands. As stated before I am sure if you speak with the RO prior you will have no problems.

I've never had anyone say anything about taking pictures at SJSC. Last weekend my friend and I took a girl there who had never shot a gun before. She wanted a picture of herself shooting a gun for the first time.

Now she wants her FID and an AR :lol:

You can't even use your phone in Targetmaster

That's what the sign says, but I used my phone in there while waiting 3 hours for a NICS check a few weeks ago...I usually don't use it when I'm there but after a couple hours I was pretty freaking bored!

Didn't take pictures but I was texting...

Apparently in PA you can't leave the store once the NICS process starts, I wanted to go get dinner while I was waiting but the guy said once they call starts you need to remain on premises....Who Knew?

Apparently in PA you can't leave the store once the NICS process starts, I wanted to go get dinner while I was waiting but the guy said once they call starts you need to remain on premises....Who Knew?

I gotta call BS on this (I don't doubt this waht they told you). TM may forbid you from leaving the store as a matter of convenience for them, but nothing from the PASP - the administrators of the PICS system. Are you supposed to camp out if you get put in "Research" for up to 15 days?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The ranges I've been to have people taking pictures. Indoor ranges don't like the flash but people still flash and take pictures. The flash is annoying.

as opposed to the flash from the firearm?

But ive never been to a range that didnt allow pics/videos

The camera at public ranges being not allowed is understandable to me. I don't understand why I'm not allowed to touch my cell phone at a gun store. What am I going to do, call the place to death.

The camera at public ranges being not allowed is understandable to me. I don't understand why I'm not allowed to touch my cell phone at a gun store. What am I going to do, call the place to death.

See Post #29, this thread