SgtToadette

I'm dumb.

Those are hex heads. An appropriately sized (pay attention to bob's post about metric/SAE keys) hex/allen key SHOULD work. If you find that you have to apply so much torque that the the hex/allen key is bending considerably then consider the following:

- switching over to a socketed hex/allen key:

additional-photos-proxxon-18-piece-allen-key-socket-set.jpg

- consider that the fasteners may have loc-tite or similar thread locking agent on them. If so, giving them a shot of heat with propane torch prior to trying to remove them can help weaken the thread locking agent.

Last time I had to use an allen wrench I had to smack it with a small sledge hammer to get it to budge. No locktite was used either. Just very tight from the factory. I keep both hex and allen wrenches in my range bag, work bench and desk. If you have guns you need basic tools. Also a punch set is often useful as well as a plastic tipped hammer for drifting sights. I find that the Glock punch works for most any gun I need to work on with a punch.

Update time!

I got my light mount from Noveske in the mail yesterday and in my excitement, threw it on my Fenix TK22 light. Having put off trying to remove the rails, I decided to give it another go.

So I went to Home Depot today and bought a set of metric hex wrenches only to find (and reaffirm this thread's title) that the hex screws use a 3/32 bit. I used a bit more elbow grease than I was comfortable with when I first tried and they loosened up. I was able to throw on the light without any issues and I'm happy with the results.

Thanks to everyone for the help!