Bugsy732

NICS Checks now up to 11 days out...

Just got off the phone with my FFL to see if they had my NICS back that was submitted last week.. they told me that everything was submitted but they are now at about 11 days out on any new NICS checks... sigh... i was hoping to shoot my new SIG this weekend...

Oh well.....

If you're waiting like i am, now you know why.

I'm in the same boat. Bought a Sig p220 on the 5th. So upsetting...

Just got off the phone with my FFL to see if they had my NICS back that was submitted last week.. they told me that everything was submitted but they are now at about 11 days out on any new NICS checks... sigh... i was hoping to shoot my new SIG this weekend...

Oh well.....

If you're waiting like i am, now you know why.

I am at day 12 and still waiting on a pistol I paid/filled out the papers for on 3/29.... Its gotten ridiculous...as if all the bs above and beyond we've accepted over the years... Now they figure out a way to create a waiting period by ending phone calls and only taking faxes?...bring in some 3rd party to make it more involved/steps ..all the while slowly stretching it out... From a day or two... We swallowed it... Then a week .. We swallowed it... 2weeks.. They'll just keep pushing it back until they're stopped.... All the while feeding us bs justification ... De pa etc all sell more guns but its still while you wait service...the docile subjects of nj will continue to keep their heads down and say "well it could be worse"... Really? I'm thinking its pretty bad right now ... Wait 15-20 days call ffl .. And get attitude from them and wait another 15-20 they need to remove time limit from permits if they're going to pull this crap.. ..sorry for venting... It's just getting hard to keep swallowing the bs

I am still trying to find out why so long in NJ? It is a national system after all and I bought a new gun yesterday and had the NICS check before I could even ask to see one of the other guns in the case. Why does it take so long in NJ and not elsewhere? I assure you that we buy more guns here than up there and have a lot more gun stores. I have 5 or 6 within a half hour of where I live and I do not live near any of the major chains.

During xmas I was asked if I wanted to go home and come back the next day for my new gun because they said it may take 15 minutes to get the NICS check. I cannot imagine waiting days.

NJ does the NICS and they are backed up.

I'm sure that I had read on here the faxes go to a 3rd party in another state ..fl maybe... Then "organized" and either processed by them and the yea/nay and #'s sent back to nj nics... Then they contact ffl... Or grouped and send back to nj nics to be run.... That was incorrect info?...it made sense to me and would be the only way I could see it taking the crazy times..13 days and counting for me... Busy would be longer hold times.... Or same/next day responses to faxes... Not 13 unless they're walking by saying " oh more faxes... Ill do them later".. Lol