Old Dog

Obama just got a big FU

I do not think the problem is medications and mental illness. If you do your research you will find that mentally ill patients may do things that get a lot of press but they account for a very small percentage of gun deaths. Singe digit percentages. The problem is figuring out what is ailing our society that makes people want to kill. We act as if only the mentally ill use guns to kill as we fire a drone into a civilian populated area to kill a single terrorist and count the dead children as collateral damage. You do not have to be crazy to kill and in fact, the overwhelming majority of killing is done by sane people. Let's stop making the mentally ill the scapegoats here as that is no different than putting blame for the ills of a society on a race or religion.

As for the drug issue, most prescription drugs have beneficial effects on those who take them or they would be pulled from the market immediately if there effects were so common and obvious. Some have unwanted side effects but no matter how many, it still is a minority of people taking that drug. We argue that it is not right to punish those who obey the law for the sins of the few criminals who abuse it when it comes to gun control. The same applies to those who take legal drugs. Should we exclude anyone who takes a drug from owning a gun because 1% of the people who take it have bad side effects that may make them violent? When we start passing laws based on the actions of a few, we are doomed as a nation and letting ourselves be controlled by the few bad apples in our nation. I think that the terrorist have already won because we bankrupted our country by pouring billions into security and taking precautions against anything that is possible. We let ourselves be searched an undressed to fly in a plane. How much do we spend in money and giving up our rights to save a life? Do we spend a billion dollars to save one live? How about two lives? Like it or not, life is a risk and we have to let it remain that way because we cannot remove all risk and danger without giving up our liberty and freedom. Word!

Sorry. Take this as friendly. You need to do some research on psychotropic drugs. That is all.

ya know what i see when i see these pictures of these clowns weeping? i see a bunch of very unskilled actors pretending to be mad. i then would presume that no sooner are the cameras turned off than they're laughing at how the media bought it. wouldn't it be nice to be a fly on the wall right after those pictures were taken?

It was nice to see him REJECTED! The good part other than that it did not pass is that his Democratic Senate did not pass it. If they did and the Republican House knocked it down, then he would have used that for 2014 election propaganda.

Now we have to wait and see what he will try to push through by executive order. He already made the statement he was going that route now.

Now we have to wait and see what he will try to push through by executive order. He already made the statement he was going that route now.

I wonder what kind of uproar that would cause.

That would keep everyone's seat safe in the senate, and since its Obama's last term.... He's not worried about re-election.

I wonder what kind of uproar that would cause.

That would keep everyone's seat safe in the senate, and since its Obama's last term.... He's not worried about re-election.

You won't have to wonder for long. Biden mentioned it in some private conference call today supposedly. Expanding the list of prohibited persons was one specific mentioned.

You won't have to wonder for long. Biden mentioned it in some private conference call today supposedly. Expanding the list of prohibited persons was one specific mentioned.

Yea, I read that.

Looks like I'm stocking up on pmags in Florida next week.

If anyone wants me to send some to their FFL, Paypal me :)