malice95

Found guns, found ammo.. who hiding all the magazines?

So I've been able to buy 2 popular handguns and a popular shotgun.. no problem. I've stockpiled enough ammo to last a few months. But I cant for the life of me find magazines for my handguns (Sig 226 9mm and Sig 220 45). I'm looking for 15 and 10 round magazines respectively. Is magazine demand far out weighing ammo and gun demand? My sig 220 only came with 1x 10 rd magazine from the factory with a card to get another free when they become available. How tough is it to make magazines?

There's demand on gun related everything right now, panic buying idiots are stockpiling everything.

I have never heard of someone making there own mags from scratch, do you have extensive machinist/gunsmithing/metal working skills? If not I'd venture to guess it would be pretty difficult.

If you have at least one for each hold out! And keep an eye out for ones that are not 150.00...(but keep in mind they run like 70-80 bucks for Sig 15rd in normal times) lol I have 2- 4 mags for each gun I own and that is all you will ever need. Unless you shoot competitive then you need more. I never understood why the average joe needs 20 mags for each gun. I see them all the time at the range with a bag full of mags all loaded to the max just to shoot at a paper target 10 feet away. Two Is all anyone will ever need and 4 is more then you will ever use. Get a set of these and if you do class or mag drop drills you will be glad you protected you investment. http://www.imidefense.com/black-polymer-product/PFP01.html You will love your sigs. My first big gun buy was my 226 years ago and is still my go to pistol. If you have sight issues out of the box all sigs ship with #8 front and rear. this is a chart to help with POA= POI My 226 was shooting very low even with proper " Combat sight picture" and I put a #9 front and #10 rear to bring it up to normal. Good luck and enjoy your sig's!!!

CG75Sights220.jpg

They're only Idiots if they're wrong. If they're right then we are the idiots

If they're right I am glad I stockpiled long before this time ever came.

Panic buyers are only creating the panic for themselves.

Johnp,

I don't see how labeling people idiots is very helpful. These are people who, for the most part, mirror our views about firearms ownership. I would think that we should make those who may have just come around to exercising their rights as welcome as possible...you never know who the next MLK of the gun rights movement will be - converts are usually the most passionate. Instead we should offer advice as to how to be more prepared for the future.

Yeah because wanting a extra magazine or two when the people in power threaten to ban them makes people idiots. Nice attitude.

80mil or so gun owners, average 4 guns per owner. If each wants a single extra magazine for each gun, nevermind a larger number, well .. the math is pretty simple, isn't it?

If you have at least one for each hold out! And keep an eye out for ones that are not 150.00...(but keep in mind they run like 70-80 bucks for Sig 15rd in normal times) lol I have 2- 4 mags for each gun I own and that is all you will ever need. Unless you shoot competitive then you need more. I never understood why the average joe needs 20 mags for each gun. I see them all the time at the range with a bag full of mags all loaded to the max just to shoot at a paper target 10 feet away. Two Is all anyone will ever need and 4 is more then you will ever use. Get a set of these and if you do class or mag drop drills you will be glad you protected you investment. http://www.imidefense.com/black-polymer-product/PFP01.html You will love your sigs. My first big gun buy was my 226 years ago and is still my go to pistol. If you have sight issues out of the box all sigs ship with #8 front and rear. this is a chart to help with POA= POI My 226 was shooting very low even with proper " Combat sight picture" and I put a #9 front and #10 rear to bring it up to normal. Good luck and enjoy your sig's!!!

CG75Sights220.jpg

I don't know where you have been shopping but, Sig mags are usually $35 - 40 when they are in stock. As far as only needing one or two or 20, well that's kind of up to the individual.

I don't know where you have been shopping but, Sig mags are usually $35 - 40 when they are in stock. As far as only needing one or two or 20, well that's kind of up to the individual.

that would be the price of an aftermarket mag not a real factory sig... and yes it is up to the individual so relax. Just my opinion and observation. Again so everyone should relax....!! if you could show me a real sig mag 15 rounds maid in Italy for that price I will buy you one.