jonfoxx

NJ2AS Official Stand of New Introduced Bills

Given the fact that Frank Fiamingo actually came out in support of the Manchin-Toomey bill (much to my surprise as a NJ2AS member). I would like NJ2AS, the offical "organization", to plainly state its stand on each and every bill that will be voted on next week and how and why it arrived at its decision for such a stand. Nobody has contacted me as a member of NJ2AS to discuss, take a poll, or offer an opinion.

True they never polled us. But most do not. A couple of people got fooled with that Trojan horse Toomey bill as well.

I trust Frank. And just want him to concentrate on fighting these bills. No matter how he feels about each one it is better then the NJ Dem's feel.

A couple of people got fooled with that Trojan horse Toomey bill as well.

I trust Frank. And just want him to concentrate on fighting these bills.

Well, yeah, Frank being one of the fooled... thats my point. Where do we stand officially? And EVERY bill is important in different respects. Thats why I want, if not DEMAND our official stand. I am a member, and the organization should be absolute in their decisions enough that we are ALL on board. My money can just as easily go to other 2A supporting organizations that will not fold under the advice or acceptance of other like organizations. Frank allowed INFRINGEMENT. Does this not go against the whole concept? Some answers are needed, and needed quick!

I trust Frank far more than anyone from the NRA, or ANJRPC. Stop your foolish ranting and accusations. You are probably an Obama or Weinberg shill, trying to sow the seeds of dissent.

Well, yeah, Frank being one of the fooled... thats my point. Where do we stand officially? And EVERY bill is important in different respects. Thats why I want, if not DEMAND our official stand. I am a member, and the organization should be absolute in their decisions enough that we are ALL on board. My money can just as easily go to other 2A supporting organizations that will not fold under the advice or acceptance of other like organizations. Frank allowed INFRINGEMENT. Does this not go against the whole concept? Some answers are needed, and needed quick!

I trust Frank far more than anyone from the NRA, or ANJRPC. Stop your foolish ranting and accusations. You are probably an Obama or Weinberg shill, trying to sow the seeds of dissent.

Oh calm down Matty. =)

I did not know NJ2AS took an official stance to support any bill. Speak with frank, he is there to help and will give anyone the time of day.

I believe the board collectively can take the stance.

You're no fun, Maks! ;)

Oh calm down Matty. =)

I did not know NJ2AS took an official stance to support any bill. Speak with frank, he is there to help and will give anyone the time of day.

I believe the board collectively can take the stance.

I want to know too. What is NJ2AS stance on each bill? I agree that the NJ2AS seems to be the only organization that is interested in protecting our rights in NJ but it's reasonable to know where the organization stands on the issues.

I can't in good conscious throw my support behind an organization unless I know that my beliefs are closely aligned with theirs. So far (I'm a new NJ2AS member), the only official position I've seen on legislation (Manchin-Toomey) is one I did not agree with.

Edit: Checked my old emails. It was not NJ2AS that officially supported Manchin-Toomey, it was CCRKBA. My apologies to NJ2AS.

I don't agree with everything NRA says. Doesn't mean I don't support.

I understand politics is fast changing. Sweeney's "centerpiece bill" S2723 hasn't even has bill text released yet, and the committee meeting is Tuesday. And this isn't anyone's full-time job. Even the committee meeting schedules keep changing. I support Frank and the NJ2AS, even if I won't agree with everything they do. Just like I support ANJRPC and Cherry Ridge, even if won't agree with everything they do.

I support the organizations that I feel align with my interests. I don't expect them to be "absolute" and "takes a poll" or calls for my "opinion" on every little bit of change. NRA didn't call me up when they supported the Brady Bill of 1993, the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, or the Leahy-Collins Anti-Trafficking Amendment of 2013. If I wanted to join a gun group that just said "NO!" to everything, I would have joined the Gun Owners of America.