JoeTK37

What next?

So I've got a 9mm PPQ and waiting for NICS to clear to pick up my SR1911.  I have one permit left, and probably need to use it a month from now so it doesn't expire before I can make a purchase and perform the NICS check.

So my questions is what else should I add to the collection?

I've considered a .22 pistol, but I don't know if I should go with something target oriented like a MK3 or Buckmark(22/45?).

And then I've considered a pocket pistol, just because a tiny .380 would be cool.  But I guess there really is no need for it since I'll never carry.  

I'd love to hear anyones thoughts and even off the wall suggestions for something different.

Joe

Either a revolver, or a 22.  22 Revolver is great to learn on too.

Smith Wesson 617 if you have budget, or Taurus Revolver if for lower budget.

Then you can go Classic revolver like Smith Wesson 686, or.... 625 in 45 ACP, 610 in 10mm....

or get a Glock. :facepalm:

Do you know what you like to shoot yet?

You can always go the collecting route.

Do you have 22LR ammo stockpiled? As much as I am a fan of 22 LR guns, ammo is tough to find, no sense buying a gun just yet for which you cannot find reasonably priced ammo.

I haven't thought about a revolver yet. Not sure I'd really be interested.  But at the same time I had no interest in 1911's a few months ago and that changed.

I've got my Poly pistol and its a heck of a lot sexier than a Glock:)

I've got maybe 700-800rds of .22 ready to go(I've got a 597 that I love).  I really want something inexpensive to shoot so I can get to the range for an hours or so and not burn through $100 worth of ammo every time.  I guess thats going to be a determining factor, but I'm all for entertaining any fun ideas at this point

I had 4 permits, used two so far. Bought a Walther P99 and a Buckmark pistol. Love the P99. Just put permit  in for the Buckmark so I could be in for about 3 weeks waiting for NICS to come back. I am going to have to put in for extensions for at least one of the other two permits. I definitely plan on getting a Smith or Colt revolver, either .38 or .357, with one and the other permit is wide open. Possibly get another 9mm or maybe a .40 cal. Sig is one of my top brands but also like the M&P's and could never count out a Glock. When I started shopping I was set on getting a 1911 .45 cal but I will hold off on getting better shooting down before I go that route. Plan to put in some more permits requests towards the end of the year or beginning of next year.

I have been able to find handgun ammo pretty easily as of late. The .22 long is a lot tougher but it is out there if you put some time in searching. I have over 4000 rounds of .22 long stockpiled and waiting for my Buckmark to come home. I still buy a box or two every time I se it in a store if the price is reasonable. 

I would also go with a .22 revolver. With .22LR so scarce, the ability to use .22 short or long is a plus in my book. I see a Ruger single action in my future with my next round of permits.

I almost jumped on a Single-Ten - seemed like a great idea. 10 rounds of cheap ammo, classic design single-action revolver. But then I found some troublesome reviews about cylinder/barrel issues and decided to hold off. Now I'm thinking more along the lines of Blackhawk.

in theory, a .22 is what you want for low cost range time.  in reality, .22 is so hard to find, that its not as "low cost" as it should be right now..  i personally have two different .22's coming to me as soon as Nics is done (early next week)..  M&P22 and M&P 15-22...  but i have amassed about 4k rounds of .22 ammo, so i have plenty to get myself started with those two guns..   you obviously done have quite as much, but 700-800 rounds is enough to go to the range a few times with it.. 

its really going to be whatever you feel like getting..  there are just so many options out there, its hard to suggest things.. (Maks has a good suggestion with a SW 617 .22 revolver..  those are pretty nice looking guns) when does your last permit expire?  (and I assume its already been extended)