Sign in to follow this  
Mikeg1970

FID and P2P - 5wks TRPD

Not a new firearms owner. I got my first p2p in Bayonne in 1991. Never got another or had an FID. i decided to apply for an FID and new P2P. I now live in toms river. 5week wait and I got my FID and P2P. I had heard TR is quick, but surprised as I was told to expect 8weeks from them when I dropped off the paperwork.

Very happy with TRPD at this moment. All the stories from others waiting for months and the problems with their local PD.

Thank You TRPD.....

Toms River here too.  Got mine back in 32 days and that was with my references dragging their feet!!  It was actually 2 weeks to the day that i turned in the reference letters in person that I got the call that the permits were ready.  Very happy with TRPD.

So, do we hand deliver them? Which would probably be faster, or is it that they no longer need references?

In Toms River they no longer check references for pistol permits. You still have to list em but they dont check em.

Duno if other towns still do.

In Toms River they no longer check references for pistol permits. You still have to list em but they dont check em.

Duno if other towns still do.

I sure hope the NJSP have started doing this as well, because I submitted my P2Ps in June and my references have not been contacted yet.