NYMetsFan86

How often did/do you call check on your FID/P2P?

FID/P2P wait time  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your FID/P2P card?

• 0-30 days
    • 31-60 days
    • 61-90 days
    • 91-120 days
    • 121- 180 days
    • 180+ days
    • still waiting
  2. 2. How often did you call and check on the status?

• every day!
    • every 3 days
    • every week
    • every 2 weeks
    • monthly

see that makes no sense to me because some SP stations are saying it takes longer and then blame trenton or something. nobody wants to be held accountable

This^^^^

I have yet to hear any organization step up and take accountability, it is always some one else's fault.  And we have no recourse at all.

see that makes no sense to me because some SP stations are saying it takes longer and then blame trenton or something. nobody wants to be held accountable

This^^^^

I have yet to hear any organization step up and take accountability, it is always some one else's fault. And we have no recourse at all.

Yup. It's NJ

Like I said before, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the wait times. I understand some towns are more populous than others, but I can't imagine everyone in town is rushing to apply for fpids and p2ps all at once. According to members on this forum, some are taking 6-8 weeks, while others are in excess of 6 months. I suspect the hold ups are more at the local levels than the big, bad Trenton/federal level. It almost seems like some places are purposely dragging their feet. After over 2 1/2 months one of my references was finally contacted by phone by local pd. Do I see some light at the end of the tunnel?

So anyone else deal with hamilton lately? Any updates. More votes would be fantastic i think it would show a good time breakdown. Just about a month now and I have only spoken to them a couple days after this thread. I think it may be time to make the call this week.

I was thinking ive now ordered so many ar parts, pre-payed for a pistol and two lowers, and put a safe in my house. lets just say if i get denied my FID ive kind of set my self up for monetary pillage......i have no patience obviously hahah

So essentially ill stick with my plan to call monthly. Its been a month and my references havent been contacted yet. Is that normal? I cant stop in unfortunately because the sub-station is 45 mins from my house.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe it's normal for references to have not been contacted by a month, but i only have experience in dealing with my township pd. The send letters out to the references within days of dropping off an application.

In that case i guess i should give them a call tommorow...

I don't believe it's normal for references to have not been contacted by a month, but i only have experience in dealing with my township pd. The send letters out to the references within days of dropping off an application.

Normal for NJSP.

My town has you give the reference letters to the references yourself. They can mail them in or you can bring them right to the police station.

Ill ask the trooper if this is an option. Is there a slight chance in hell he will fax them to my office......i wish

Took me 31-60 days to get my FPID. And when I'm waiting for permits I give it a 30 day buffer and then call for an update. After that first 30 days I call weekly.

Took 61-90 for me. After first month called weekly.

Ill ask the trooper if this is an option. Is there a slight chance in hell he will fax them to my office......i wish

I think your best bet is going in yourself to get them.  If the troopers were good at faxing things, your id and permits would have been done a long time ago.  My town has the reference forms available for download right from the town's website.  I haven't looked at the NJSP site lately

This feels like its in the realm of pestering. How do you word it to not sound like a smart ass and get your app shoved to the bottom of the pile.

He did make it sound like they may call references.

He said "after the mental health check comes back we contact your references and the detective does his investogation"

who knows....

I did not bother calling. It has been an average 8- 12 weeks per application. My next door neighbor is a volunteer fire man in town and is friends with the firearms police officer. He had to get an address changed and it took him 8 weeks. They only have one officer doing paperwork and if it took him 8 weeks then I am lucky.

When I dropped off my paperwork I was originally told It would take 12 weeks by Washington Township PD in Gloucester county. I waited until then to start calling and left two messages that never got returned. It is now week 14 and I stopped by there on my way on my way home from work the other day. I was told they are short staffed and that they are still doing background checks for applications from January, mine was from February. Frustrating but I will have to be patient.

150 days.... at which point does this become a civil rights issue?

Just got them today. 184 days to be exact. The lady gave me attitude for stopping in to check. Any time I have called to check on them they always say as soon as we get them in we will call. Funny thing is they had them for two days already.

If its a town you are applying threw there is at least a chain of command you can turn to. With the NJSP they flat out could give a crap. The only thing I have heard to get them going is if you have pro2a representatives you can turn to.

See thats what im afraid of. Your right they could give multiple shits if i get my FID or not, however, I am so annoying and impatient by nature i have to find a nice balance.....

Sooo that is why i feel monthly is best, and if necessary as i said i will be calling nappen at day 90 even if i have to pay for a consult

When I dropped off my paperwork I was originally told It would take 12 weeks by Washington Township PD in Gloucester county. I waited until then to start calling and left two messages that never got returned. It is now week 14 and I stopped by there on my way on my way home from work the other day. I was told they are short staffed and that they are still doing background checks for applications from January, mine was from February. Frustrating but I will have to be patient.

Well I guess I'm screwed then.  I put in for 2 pistol permits the first week of April.....lovely

See thats what im afraid of. Your right they could give multiple shits if i get my FID or not, however, I am so annoying and impatient by nature i have to find a nice balance.....

Sooo that is why i feel monthly is best, and if necessary as i said i will be calling nappen at day 90 even if i have to pay for a consult

This past month I started calling weekly because of how long its been. They try and make it has hard an inconvenient as possible hopping people give up. Needless to say when I was back 10 minutes later with my money order and a new application for six more permits she wasn't happy. She said you know with an extension you have six months. I said I know and about the time these permits are done maybe my new ones will be ready this time. F them.

Good news. FID and permits finally issued today. Total time 14 1/2 weeks. Already stopped by and dropped off my paperwork for the pistol that has been on hold at Arms and Ammo. NICs is supposedly taking around a day.