gfl216

9mm Glock Gen-3 VS Gen-4

I have a gen 4 17, 34 and 26. One FTE and it was a definite limp wrister off the bags as I was sighting it in. Can't comment on the Gen 3 but no issues with my Gen 4s, currently around 5k rounds between the three guns.

Humn....

I have a gen 3 and - gen 4 g22.

Gen 4 has better ergonomics with the removable back straps, but it also has an extended mag release which is closer and better for smaller hands.

Original gen 4s had both extractor and ejector issues however they were resolved by now

Gen 3 will have a few more accessories.

All being equal I would take a 4.

I've got a Gen4 G22 and it eats everything I feed it with no issues.  Further, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a 9mm as all you have to do is buy a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mag and you are set to fire both 9mm and .40cal.  It gives you two guns in one.

I've got a Gen4 G22 and it eats everything I feed it with no issues.  Further, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a 9mm as all you have to do is buy a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mag and you are set to fire both 9mm and .40cal.  It gives you two guns in one.

Actually, three guns.  The G31 .357 Sig barrel is a drop in and you can use the .40 S&W magazines.

Just the one note about conversion barrels.

if you get a 22, and get the 357 Sig barrel, you are 100% good to go.  Since the 357 Sig is just a 40 S&W brass necked down to a 9mm.

Going down from a 40 S&W to a 9mm via barre, while it will work and work reliably enough for range time... I would not use it in a self defense situation as there are differences, extractors, ejectors, etc.  You can however get a full new Slide off of a 17, and you are 100% good to go.

So... if you really want a 9mm, just get a Glock 17 and live with it.  

Buying a 22, and then buying a conversion barrel? eh... its like making 3 left turns instead of making one right hand turn.

Liked it that much, huh?

Absolutely. Thanks again! Ironically, I'd always thought I'd prefer a full size until I had the chance to shoot the subcompact.

I finally ventured out to the local shops today, and I found a Gen 4 for $619. Fair price? (No sales tax, no NICS fee) The dealer said it comes with 3 mags as opposed to 2 with the new Gen 3.

I can't find any info on the 357 in the G27 though...although the dealer mentioned that the subcompacts all have the dual recoil spring, so he didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I do want to get the conversion....but I can't seem to find a dealer that has a G33 in stock.

I paid $616 out the door, including tax and NICS, for mine from Shore Shot in February.  Only 3.5% tax there.

Yes, all Gen 4 Glocks come with three mags.  The G27 comes with 9 rd. mags, but I use G23/G32 13 rd. mags as backups with Xgrips.

Yea, probably hard to find a G33.  The G33 barrel was $140.

OP, Sorry for the thread highjack....

/last hijack

Yea, the $619 is the out the door price here. (plus the added benefit of a true "instant" NICS check).

It's very likely I'll go pick it up on Monday. 

(Tying this back into the OP topic)

They had a Gen 3 G27 for $569...but the extra mag and the additional features make the extra scratch for a Gen 4 worth it IMHO.

I agree for SD you should stick with stock setup, but the ejector issue is a non-issue as the conversion barrel is offset to the left to make the straight ejector work just finne with 9mm. That is why you don't just drop a stock 9mm barrel in it

One fte since I have owned my gen 4 g19. I put about 500-600 rds through it. I think the malfunction was due to my grip in the weapon retention position. Never had any other issues with it since I have owned it. I bought a gen 3 g26 which has become my go to concealed carry gun.

Yes it's 3 mags and that means a lot more these days when mags are tough to find.

I do believe the sub compacts only come with two.

I like the Gen 4 look and feel better. The large mag release is a big pluse in my opinion.