iRescue

Sending guns in for repairs

I'll preface this post by saying I did do a quick search (using Tapatalk) and found nothing on this topic.

How are gun repairs handled in New Jersey?

If I were to say, send in my handgun for repairs - how would I go about doing that given NJ's laws.

Question two - if the company were to replace my gun, due to my original being unrepairable, how would that be handled? Would I need another PPP? Seems bogus that a simple repair job could turn into a 2-4 month wait for it back if you needed to apply for a permit.

Just hoping to get some info..

Even if the gun has serious issues, they should be able to salvage the part with the serial number, at least for a pistol, and most rifles. In the event that they did send you a new gun, it would go to an FFL and you would have to go through NICS again.

I just did this with STI. They send me a return authorization, as well as a shipping label (they paid for shipping). I went to the UPS hub, declared a handgun, and it was on it's way. For the return, STI shipped it directly to my door. An adult signature is required to accept the package. It was sent and received in a plain box with no other markings indicating it was a firearm. 

Goes directly to you.  I went through it with Kimber.

When sending do as the above have mentioned.  Search "firearms" on FedEx/UPS website.  

They outline the details.

Had a friend who is also a LEO send his Glock back to Glock due to casting issues around the trigger guard. They replaced it with a new pistol with a diff serial# and he was forced to do another p2p and nics all over again at his FFL. glock sent the pistol to the FFL since it was a diff #.