ColtPistols

Bullet Manufacturers

From experienced handloaders I would kinda like to hear where you prefer to get your bullets from. It seems like there would be a lot more than what I can find but so far for pistol I've found: 

High end (expensive)

Sierra

Speer

Nosler

Barnes

Hornady

Probably more...

More affordable

Xtreme Bullets (Thin Copper plating, load like lead)

Powerbond (Thick plated bullets capable of being loaded at FMJ charges)

Berry's (Thin copper plated, load like lead)

Ranier Ballistics (Thin Copper plating, load like lead also)

Montana Gold (FMJ)

Precision Delta (FMJ)

Cheaper still

Way too many cast manufacturers to list

I would really like to know if there are more good quality bullet makers that use FMJ for a reasonable price and sold in bulk like Montana Gold and Precision Delta. I have a few thousand of the plated stuff but until I chronograph them and see a few groupings I haven't decided if I want to buy any more. FMJ there's hardly any choices and all the high end names (except Hornady) sell them from 20 bullets to 250 in a box. I need bulk. What do you guys recommend? Also I'm short by about 50k primers but that's another problem.

My 1st choice is Sierra followed closely by Hornady.  For high volume pistol and 223 I use Montana golds.  The MG's are the best price/value compromise I have found yet.  I was not impressed by precision delta.  It could have been my loads but the 500 I went through in 40 sw did not hit like i would like them to.  I am as sure that there are people that would agree with me as I am that people will disagree with this.  Wait a few days and average out all the replies!

Ken

I've always been a Zero man, for handguns. Montana Gold was fine but not worth the extra $$$. I liked the sample pack of Xtreme that I tried though.

For rifles I've liked Hornady in the .222 and Sierra in the .223, and that did NOT work the other way 'round.