KevD

NICS delays- Has any action been taken?

Some of us have started writing to our local legislators as well as the AG and the Fuentes.  Probably won't do anything but that is all we, as individual citizens can do.

I've heard the rumors before but I'm a skeptic that anything will be done. There was a posting on Facebook from NJ2AS (Frank Fiamingo) today:

** NJ MAY MOVE TO THE E-CHECK SYSTEM FOR NICS!!!

The rumor is that New Jersey will be moving to the E-Check system of obtaining NICS releases for firearms purchases. If this is true, the New Jersey State Police will no longer be a Point of Contact (POC) for NICS checks. This means that FFLs will be able to do their OWN NICS checks via the Internet. Refer to the link below:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/e-check

I've heard the rumors before but I'm a skeptic that anything will be done. There was a posting on Facebook from NJ2AS (Frank Fiamingo) today:

** NJ MAY MOVE TO THE E-CHECK SYSTEM FOR NICS!!!

The rumor is that New Jersey will be moving to the E-Check system of obtaining NICS releases for firearms purchases. If this is true, the New Jersey State Police will no longer be a Point of Contact (POC) for NICS checks. This means that FFLs will be able to do their OWN NICS checks via the Internet. Refer to the link below:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/e-check

If that turns out to be true, I'm going to celebrate by applying for more permits.

I read somewhere on this forum that any change in jersey is for the worst and i believe it if they change anything it will be something like ORAM one rifle a month or OGAY one gun a year ... Something to really screw us over...