Purple Patrick

Mosin archangel stock

There is several vent holes in the bottom. I don't know how well drilling and tapping would work. The stock is a poly carbon fiber blend. I changed the scope mount that i had in the picture to a side mount AK style and had to drill to attach that. It doesn't seem like the material would work that well being tapped and withstanding any kind of abuse.

There is several vent holes in the bottom. I don't know how well drilling and tapping would work. The stock is a poly carbon fiber blend. I changed the scope mount that i had in the picture to a side mount AK style and had to drill to attach that. It doesn't seem like the material would work that well being tapped and withstanding any kind of abuse.

Well that's shitty. Although the whole AK sidemount idea is pretty cool. Is it solid?

Took about 10 minutes to swap the stuff over. The Mosin that I used for this had about 440 rounds through it so far. I thought it was clean, boy was I suprised with all the cosmoline I still had in it! I now see why people say to take the gun apart and clean EVERYTHING before you use it. Hopefully I can take it to the range and try it out soon.

Ran perfect today. Going to order another one and get some 10 round mags now for them.

I was watching some videos on youtube last week, and the 10 round mags barely worked at all. When they come in let us know if its all BS, or the mags are duds. 

Ok, I will let you all know. The five rounds mags work fine most of the time. Twice we had a double feed issue, but not the end of the world. What is annoying is that if you load the mag and tip it sideways enough most of the rounds fall out! Kinda funny, but you learn quickly.

Anyone looking to sell / trade (for my M44 furniture) their stock and handguards (no metal)? My stock has a splice in it and it bothers me. Now that some of you are tacticool, I figure you'd like to get rid of that extra wood.

I finally got a chance to take mine to the range today. I had nothing but problems with the 5 round mag.It would not feed at all. I wound up single feeding 60 rounds threw it with the only other problem of the screws on the top rail for the scope coming loose. A little lock tight should cure that. I got the gun home and cleaned it and in the process I decided to put a little G96 cleaner in the mag . I then tried cycling rounds threw the mag and it worked fine. I have still not received my 10 round mag. It was still a fun day at the range despite the mag issues. The recoil was much less with the built in butt pad and the chin rest worked out very well. All in all I'm pleased.

Hmmm.... I usually hate when people mess with historic military firearms, but if it truly isn't a permanent alteration, then it's kosher in my book.

But it actually looks pretty cool, and makes a $100 mosin look like some $1,000 crazy-accurate British sniper-rifle like thing.

I think it would be kind of neat to throw one of those on, tell some non-gun people I have a super-duper-accurate-shooter. lol

Oh yeah, a muzzle brake is next for two of my Mosins, just for the look! I have another archangel stock on order with two additional 10 round mags. The five round mag worked fine most of the time. I love to mess with these rifles because they are cheap and so is the ammo. There is a bulpup setup out now for the Mosin, that will be my next project. Need to find some more cheap Mosins somewhere to volunteer their guts and lose the ugly wooden stocks......  :)

I was watching some videos on youtube last week, and the 10 round mags barely worked at all. When they come in let us know if its all BS, or the mags are duds. 

Finally got a chance to take the 10 round mags for a run, they were great, but, I only put 9 rounds in them. A 10th round would fit, but it was so darn hard to get in there I didn't bother. Maybe jamming that last round in there is what caused some people problems. Next time I go out I will have them loaded with 10 rounds. So far though, the stuff has been great! Have to build the second gun now and I want to put a muzzle brake on it.