MedicYeti

I hurt someone's feelings. Facebook and work.

Either gunguy1960 is MedicYeti's boss or he is one of those automatic spam generators that creates grammatically correct paragraphs of nonsensical sentences

I doubt he is my boss, but I don't know. To my knowledge I have one coworker on the forums.

I'm allowed to voice my opinion and vent on here and on Facebook.

I work in Human Resources and have to deal with this more often than anyone would believe.  The only advice I can offer (and it's worth what you're paying for it) is don't post anything about work that you wouldn't put in a memo and circulate around the office.

At best, when it becomes known (and it will) there are work relationship issues that will affect your productivity and effectiveness.  At worst, unemployment.  Neither is worth it IMO.

Do you have the right to post it?  Yes.  Is it ever a good idea?  Not usually...

I work in Human Resources and have to deal with this more often than anyone would believe.  The only advice I can offer (and it's worth what you're paying for it) is don't post anything about work that you wouldn't put in a memo and circulate around the office.

At best, when it becomes known (and it will) there are work relationship issues that will affect your productivity and effectiveness.  At worst, unemployment.  Neither is worth it IMO.

Do you have the right to post it?  Yes.  Is it ever a good idea?  Not usually...

I feel for ya man, HR I could see as a fun job 25 plus years ago, in todays OVER PC World, I don't think I would like it all that much. I'd hate to have to enforce some things that I didn't believe in and in many case not be able to take situations in their totality into consideration but have to focus on 1 small piece I se happening more often these days.

I under stand what you're saying man. Facebook, and other social media sites shouldn't be policed by companies like they are. But what ever, just gotta live with it. Feelings get hurt all the time, people just need to learn to suck it up. 

As far as unnecessary flights: Two nights ago a 22 year old male was hit on the turnpike (right around exit 1). Guy was a severe trauma, They made the decision to fly him out...to Christiana...which is a 10-15 minute drive....from the turnpike....which they were on. So a 15 minute drive turned into a 30-40 minute operation.