NJGuy732

FID change of address DENIED

And there you go with another acronym, MOS. LOL!

http://www.militaryacronyms.net/

MOS  (1) Military Occupational Specialty; (2) Maritime Operational Intelligence Summary; (3) Marine Observation Satellite

In this case...the first one lol.

Update to this mess of a situation. After almost 8 months of CID looking into my "supposed" plea of guilty to 2 felonies and the person who filled out the forms incorrectly fighting me all the way, the correct info has been put into the system. Running my own background check on myself to make sure that it was done correctly. Next step, my lawyer working with the superior court prosecutor to hopefully put an end to the year long struggle to get my FID address changed.

GL man hang in there

GL man hang in there

Congrats-glad you're in the home stretch. 

What a needless load of time, energy, and aggravation! Glad to hear it's working out for you.

I hope this disaster is almost over. its holding up my progress, lol. when its all cleared up, i'm going to be looking for 2 10/22's, 2 AR's, 2 revolvers and maybe a .308. i dont think thats too much to ask for. :)

The wording on that letter concerns me quite a bit. It mentions nothing of being convicted just a "criminal history" So does this mean they can deny you even if you were falsely accused??

You're right, the wording is vauge. It wasn't until I filed my appeal that I got to see what they saw when the prosecutor sent the paperwork to my lawyer. That was when I discovered that a simple Article 15(my first and only in 23 years of service) the i got  just before I retired from the Army had been misreported(for lack of a better word) and morphed into me being John Dillinger.

Be sure and tell your assembly and senate reps you went through this ordeal. They need to know that the FID system is wrongfully netting law abiding citizens... and military veterans!

I'd also contact some of the 2A friendly ones, such as Mike Carroll, Tony Bucco, Jeff Van Drew and Alison McHose.

And don't forget Governor Christie. Let him know. He's back in the saddle again running for President and he doesn't need another Brian Aitken on his hands.