dimitrge

BlackHawk Range Bags $10

Sorry for the negative post here but I wouldnt give luckygunner the shit off the bottem of my shoe. They are one of the absolute worst gougers going, check ot their prices. $619 acase of pmc 9mm 115 gr......etc

Chris- I have you down for 2

Siderman- I agree with you on the ammo but I'm buying range bags at $10.

That's a good price, just like other things you shop for the best price and I haven't seen anyone else with them that cheap.

I'm located in Union county for anyone else that wants on and work in florham park.

i know luckygunner is a very high priced site, but I use their site as a gauge for the demand. They are actually quite different than CTD and other gouging sites. They are essentially running an exchange for ammo. They publish exactly what is in stock and they have evolved their prices this year to keep it so there is always ammo in stock, but to do that they are adjusting their prices daily. Watch the prices of Blazer Brass / PMC and related FMJ 9mm ammo. they have found a price where they will sell while they keep a few rounds on line. Then watch the trend line. I haven't carefully tracked it, but about 3 weeks ago, those rounds were selling for 80 cents a round, last time I checked some were down below 70 cents.  I see them as an efficient seller. Micro Economics 101.

I bought a 1,000 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm from them in early FEB for 40 cents a round because they were already raising prices but were keeping ammo on the shelf long enough to allow me to buy without TOO much panic. Compare that to the daily frantic calls to buy good priced ammo at Cabelas that persists even today.  You have to be very lucky/quick/not busy with life to get those deals.  Luckygunner supplies a valuable niche, but maybe not one you need.

BTW, when the market is in stasis/equilibrium, LG is not a great place to buy ammo unless you are going bulk. their shipping on small orders is very high. But buy 1,000 rounds of handgun ammo and the prices become very competitive. I think their real target customer is small police departments that don't have enough volume to put out an RFP or make long term purchase committments.

We live in "free" country for a whille yet. Being Free (not having price controls for example) allows for this type of variety in the market.

It allows for stupid like Cheaper than Dirt. But stupid does pay a price too. CtD lost my support in the last panic in 2009 so their current behavior is just as I would expect. 

BTW, did you notice that on LG, they have Eley Ammo everyday at only about a 50% premium over its pre-panic prices. That is a real value for competition shooters who live and die by that stuff. If they had left the price at the normal 20/cents per round it would have been all bought as a substitute for mini-mags and both plinkers AND competition shooters would be SOL. I love efficient markets, but i like good prices. can't have both all the time.