Lightfighter124

So you can carry in NJ with out of state permit??? [Mod edit]No you can not!

I carry under LEOSA but I am not a cop or retired cop... I "do not qualify for a CCW" according to my local PD chief.

How can you carry under LEOSA if your are not a cop or retired cop? I thought LEOSA only applied to them?

How can you carry under LEOSA if your are not a cop or retired cop? I thought LEOSA only applied to them?

Don't know wink's circumstances but as I said in previous post you don't have to be retired to carry under LEOSA. If you were a qualified LEO for 10 years and left under good graces or left LEO work due to disability after completing any probationary period you can carry under LEOSA as long as you meet the other qualifications.

Don't know wink's circumstances but as I said in previous post you don't have to be retired to carry under LEOSA. If you were a qualified LEO for 10 years and left under good graces or left LEO work due to disability after completing any probationary period you can carry under LEOSA as long as you meet the other qualifications.

Oh OK. So you have to have been at LEO at some point in good standing. I thought you were saying you were never a LEO and where able to get a carry permit anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh OK. So you have to have been at LEO at some point in good standing. I thought you were saying you were never a LEO and where able to get a carry permit anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

Although you may qualify under LEOSA you don't qualify under the NJ Retired Police Officer Permit unless you retired from an agency. Big difference.

I am a LEO but not a cop...i work for the DoJ

wink does BOP have a policy permitting you off duty carry? The reason I ask is I know when LEOSA was passed there were a lot of people who couldn't carry off duty because of agency policy that all of a sudden could because of LEOSA. If you're a Fed and carrying off duty under your agency policy LEOSA really doesn't apply. Neither do state laws for that matter. On the other hand, if you're a Fed and you want to do something outside your agency policy (carry a 45 instead of a 9 for example) you still could be covered under LEOSA.

wink does BOP have a policy permitting you off duty carry? The reason I ask is I know when LEOSA was passed there were a lot of people who couldn't carry off duty because of agency policy that all of a sudden could because of LEOSA. If you're a Fed and carrying off duty under your agency policy LEOSA really doesn't apply. Neither do state laws for that matter. On the other hand, if you're a Fed and you want to do something outside your agency policy (carry a 45 instead of a 9 for example) you still could be covered under LEOSA.

No policy just leosa... the bop doesn't want their hands in the liability pot

You need a Superior Court judge from your home county in your pocket.

And that's only after you get the okay from your local Chief.

"Who carries in Jersey?"

"Jersey cops and the bad guys."

That is great! And sadly, too true............

SHHHH don't tell my PD that... they get offended (to which I smile!)If they were a little more blue friendly it would be a different story.... I dunno if this is an all C/O thing or just Federal....

Probably a federal thing. Locals never like Feds on their turf.

Probably a federal thing. Locals never like Feds on their turf.

I wouldn't say that. I spent over 27 years as a Fed. We had a lot of Task Force Officers (state, county, and local) guys assigned to my office and they were a great resource for us and we for them. There are a few Feds who think they are some higher form of life than anyone else.but very few. I've worked in about half the states at one time or another and can count only 3 negative experiences with state and local guys, one each in VA, MD, and NJ. All of those are stories for another time though.