Sign in to follow this  
fatty

Wasr 10 or 10/63?

So I ordered a WASR 10 from JGsales and just realized that the front trunnion reads Wasr 10/63 and has the triangle with arrow logo (which from what I've read indicates a 10/63 model).  The 10/63 was supposed to be $50 more and looks like it has the slanted muzzle break and bayo lug, which would've had to have been removed.

My wasr doesn't have bayo lugs but it does have a threaded barrel with the welded on muzzle nut.

Does anyone else have a 10/63 in the configuration I received?  Is this normal?

This isn't important to me at all, but I couldn't find any definitive info on it.  Cannot wait to shoot this thing

I actually just picked up the same gun yesterday...

Identical to yours. Happy with it, except for the rear tang screw being seized up. Knew it was going to be a problem when I saw it marred up at the FFL, and after about an hour of trying to get it out, I'm planning on sawing the stock/screw off. I have two "new" screws on the way from Numrich, and already had a new stock set, so it isn't that bad.

For the price, I don't care if I have to put a little work into it.

It's normal.  Mine has no brake with a nut welded and no bayo lug.  Mine had feeding problems, but I fixed it by changing the mag catch.  The mag catch was filed a little too short and didn't get a solid mag lock-up.  I put a Tak Latch on it and fitted it to Tapco mags and it's been flawless.

Awesome. Cant wait to zero it in.

@sigman- what mags were you having feeding issues with? I have a few tapco and promag 10 rounders and hope I dont have any issues.

It was the mag catch that gave me the problem.  I like the Tapco better than the promag.  They seem to be uniform and fit better in my rifle.

Being I had some time to look it over, since I'm still waiting on parts, it seems to be a good buy.

Mine had a single hook trigger (ok pull), but all the important parts have matching numbers (bolt, carrier, receiver; I hear it is common on WASRs, but that is important for me). The biggest issue was the stock (mentioned above), being it was pressed into the receiver. I cut enough out to pop out the screw, but then I had to remove wood with a drill and a screwdriver/small hammer. HOLY CRAP!

Other than that, no cleaning rod or kit came with mine. Not an issue, being I picked them up. No magazine, being a 30 rounder was supplied, so J&G didn't ship it. I have a few ten rounders, but hopefully someone starts pinning AK PMAGs to 15 rounds when they are released.

I've seen similar (identical, actually) guns from local guys for around $1,200 (only difference is a ten rounder included), which I could not afford to get into a rifle like this. I have an AR, so the WASR is more of an added part of my collection (put it up there with a 1911, which I feel is something nice to own). Goes nice with my Yugo SKS and Garand. $600 is where I'm ok with investing in an AK that I may shoot a handful of times per year. I wouldn't even pay $1,000 for an Arsenal, being it puts too much of a strain on my ammo funds over the $600 WASR. For $420, I could get 1,400 rounds of non-corrosive for that.

Wasrs usually dont include the cleaning kit or rod from what ive read. Im pretty happy with mine except for a few scratches here and there. I have all matching numbers as well (except the dust cover).

You should check out ammo2u.com for golden tiger ammo (lead core FMJ-steel case/sealed). I paid $260 for 1k rounds shipped.