mge_1

Banger’s Sport Shop @ Winslow, NJ

Dropped off my M&P15 Sport to get the barrel threaded and muzzle brake installation this afternoon.  They had a 2 week turn around for AR work.  Nice shop and showroom as well as the members only range at the back.  I'm expecting top notch work... well I'm hoping.  Any feedback for those have done business here?

I don't know about work done but I know several people that have bought from there and RAVE about their experience.  I wrote them an email requesting some information adn am patiently waiting a response.  If the issue was pressing I would call but there is no rush.  But I haven't heard anything bad about that place other than the one guy can have an attitude but other than that nothing bad from what I have heard.

They do know their stuff when it comes to AR's.  Both guys in there are veterans.  They've built a couple of my friends AR's and their workmanship is top notch.  

I've bought a few guns from them and have always had a great experience.  I belong to SJSC, so it is nice having the shop there to buy targets, ammo, drinks.  The last time I was in there they had a decent selection of guns back in stock after the "rush".  They have had some issues getting in handgun ammo, but they've consistantly had most rifle rounds in stock(even .223/5.56 at non-gouge prices when everyone else was out). 

It sure sucks a$$ especially after Chuck (i think he is the manager or owner) said to me it should only take 2 weeks or so.  It's going on 4 and he says maybe another 2 week wait.  Should have just taken it up north NJ.  

I don't understand why it seems that all these shops tell you "a couple of weeks" and never deliver. If you are busy, let me know. I don't mind waiting as long as I am prepared for it. Dropped a rifle off to Tarpy's for some gunsmithing, they told me about  3 weeks. Started calling after three weeks. Never could get a straight answer. I started thinking my gun was lost. Finally after three months, I got my rifle back. The workmanship was perfect, but please let your customer know it is going to be awhile. I don't think I would take a gun back there and it's a shame because he really does good work.

I don't understand why it seems that all these shops tell you "a couple of weeks" and never deliver. If you are busy, let me know. I don't mind waiting as long as I am prepared for it. Dropped a rifle off to Tarpy's for some gunsmithing, they told me about  3 weeks. Started calling after three weeks. Never could get a straight answer. I started thinking my gun was lost. Finally after three months, I got my rifle back. The workmanship was perfect, but please let your customer know it is going to be awhile. I don't think I would take a gun back there and it's a shame because he really does good work.

Exactly...!!!

Ok folks.  Just spoke to Chuck and he confirmed I am on my 3rd week of waiting.  I was a week off there, I apologize.  But he also mentioned he will work with the gunsmith to get it done.  Just wanted to give everyone an update that Chuch as reached out to me directly.  That I appreciate!

Chuck's brother Jake had some not very nice things to say about the customer in this transaction at his shop this afternoon.

I was at the range and went into Banger's to give someone a heads-up about this thread and Chuck wasn't there but Jake was.

He said the customer was told SIX weeks, he referred to the customer by an unrepeatable term here, and he said he wasn't going to be taking in anymore gunsmith work.

Not exactly the kind of customer service another potential customer should ever hear.

^^^ Every time I'm in that place I get the feeling from them guys that if your not friends with them they could care less about you regardless if you buy something or not. I know a few people who love that place but I really can't see it. Limited guns and ammo and arrogant employees/owners. Ill pass.

Chuck's brother Jake had some not very nice things to say about the customer in this transaction at his shop this afternoon.

I was at the range and went into Banger's to give someone a heads-up about this thread and Chuck wasn't there but Jake was.

He said the customer was told SIX weeks, he referred to the customer by an unrepeatable term here, and he said he wasn't going to be taking in anymore gunsmith work.

Not exactly the kind of customer service another potential customer should ever hear.

Hold up for a second...  Lets get this straight folks!  Spoke to Chuck already today and we are good.  He explained why they are falling behind and I decided to keep my AR there for the work to get done.  But for the record, JAKE DID NOT TELL ME IT WOULD TAKE 6 WEEKS!!!  I'm sure there are 2 versions of the story here, but no way I would have left my AR there if I heard "6" or "SIX" weeks turnaround as Heritage Guild quoted me 10 days which is pretty much the same estimated time frame originally was given to me.

I'm now just waiting for the day it's time to pick it up.  I'm sure its going to be top notch work.

I send all of my AR-15 barrel work to Adco. They do high quality work, and quick turn around.

The last barrel I sent to be threaded/pin/weld received in the shop on Tuesday, return shipped Wednesday, and I had it by Friday.

Can't beat that.

Wanted to give everyone an update.  Got a call today around mid day from Banger's and they said my AR is ready.  I went down there and picked it up.  Chuck personally handed it to me and the work is TOP NOTCH as expected.  And on top of that, he is a man of his word (from our previous convo over the phone earlier this week) and hooked it up big time!  I'm very happy!

9JJlj70.jpg