Kimber45

joined Easton fish and game today AWESOME day at the range

Hello all. Finally got my ass in gear and joined Easton fish and game....joined up at Sarcos crusade the isles really quick grabbed a couple of things and to the range we went..... me and the wife got there around 2 and meet up with Earl who was the range master for the day. We pulled up and as we were unloading the gear be shouts that the range was closed to new shooters......I was like WTF......as I walked up him and a younger cat were laughing. I was like are you kidding we just joined!!!! Welcome he said and shook our hands really cool cat. Went over the range rules and we chatted for a while really nice guy. We set up shop and I got the wife comfy with the 20' Bushy she had never handled an ar before so she was excited and a little scared. I ran a couple of mags through her (the rifle not the wife....lol) and cut her loose. Man did she do awesome I got a bad ass Annie Oakley on my hands.....I was shaking.g down my new build and she ran awesome......had a couple feeding issues but it was due to the two crappy pro mags....all my Pmags ran without a hitch......anyhow we shot up about 1500 rounds. Between the two of us......the dynacomp got so freaking hot that the rails were melting the carpet on the bench.......the sun started going down and we were out of ammo so we packed up the gear and headed out.....I was grinning like the cat that ate the mouse but not as big of a grin as my wife had on her face...she wants to go back tomorrow and now wants her own ar.....yeehaa I can start that noveski lower I wanted ....oops I mean the one she wants lol....anyway for the price it can't be beat nice clean and it was nice to meet others that enjoy the sport.....just figured I'd drop a quick review of the place what a great day at the range.....now were home and Iam the wife clean the rifles...lol

To this day I still swear by the gun range as one of the BEST date nights for the wife.  She likes dinner and movies and stuff like that until I introduced her to dinner and a couple hundred rounds!  I know the smile your talking about lol!  Congrats!!

I see you have learned about ProMags. I feel like it is an initiation rite. Buy mags because they are cheap. Find out they don't work worth a shitt. Been there. Done that. We need a new shooter sticky. :)

To this day I still swear by the gun range as one of the BEST date nights for the wife.  She likes dinner and movies and stuff like that until I introduced her to dinner and a couple hundred rounds!  I know the smile your talking about lol!  Congrats!!

I concur, my wife is a handgunner, not into rifles at all (or shotguns). But just about every time I say "hey, how about some range time?" She lights up and says, let's go!  She puts me to shame with a 1911 too, so good way to stay humble.

Rifles are "quality time" with my sons :-)

Not trying to hijack the thread but regarding the promags, I bought a couple for my CZ and they weren't so good until I compared them to the stock CZ mags. It turned out that by shaving the rough areas off the innards (mainly the follower), reducing a binding spot on the side of the follower where it rubbed against the side of the case itself (which allowed the follower to ride higher up on the last round), and dimpling the front left corner of the top of the follower, they were made to work perfectly. It took about 15 minutes each and most of the time was spent comparing them to the stock. Cz charges an arm and a leg for their mags and these are now every bit as good for about 1/2 the price.

Any one who can build an AR can do it I'd bet.

Its hit or miss on the weekends. But I've never waited for a spot. Normally there's a couple people I usually set up on one spot and put some of my gear on the next spot paying attention to whats going on around me in case someone needs it then I just move it when there's less then three open spots so people coming in have a choice.

Was there last weekend (Sunday) and every lane at the 100yd range was full around 11:45AM.  Someone ended up waiting for a table for 10 minutes or so before another member left.  By 2ish, I'm pretty sure there was only one or two guys there when my friend and I went to the training range.

Today (Sunday), I showed up I think around 2, there was one guy there at the rifle range besides me.  A few guys came and went over the next 3 1/2 hours, but I don't think more than 1/2 the tables were ever in use.  I heard earlier today was pretty busy...  Musta been those PA folks trying to avoid NJ people, who were all at the shotgun shoot :p

It really can be hit or miss.  I always used to try to go during the week, because it was nearly always empty, and I'd heard weekends were iffy.  Now, I'm fine going weekends...  However, it wouldn't hurt to bring a different type of gun as a backup - in case the range you want to use is full.

Last thing - make sure to check the calendar on the website.  Some matches close certain or even all ranges down...

Edited to include day of the week

Edited by supertelephoto

How much did you spend in ammo to trial and error fix those? In the end it is stoll probably cheaper to just pay for quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't cost me anything but time and not too much of that.