OmniaMors

Carpool to Range 14 from North Jersey

Wow ...why in the world would you leave America to come to the people's republic of nj? Lol

came here for an education, after that i intend on getting the f*ck out.

side note: these forums censor swear words? really? mature enough to own guns but not to hear "bad" words?

side note: these forums censor swear words? really? mature enough to own guns but not to hear "bad" words?

I sent you a PM.

(free of cuss words : P )

As for anyone else who may interested, I'll repeat what I conveyed to the OP:

1) I'm looking to make the trip on a weekday morning.

2) I've never been to the Ft Dix range, so I'm particularly looking for someone who has been there and already knows the drill.

(as in, a knowledge of the range itself, rather than in the driving directions to the range - since I've already driven by that range many many times in the past).

* although obviously after I've been there once, that 2nd aspect will no longer apply any longer

I'm starting at GSP exit 165 (as a reference point) so anyone near or south of me feel free to give me a shout and maybe we can get a trip organized.

And as I've already stated, it would be me and up to 3 others.

If you are going anywhere but Rutgers, you are wasting your money and time. NJIT and Stevens are overpriced diploma mills, that will have potential employers laughing at your resume as they throw it in the garbage

If you are going anywhere but Rutgers, you are wasting your money and time. NJIT and Stevens are overpriced diploma mills, that will have potential employers laughing at your resume as they throw it in the garbage

I don't know. Princeton has a pretty good rep Matt. :)

Lessons I've learned in this thread today:

1) Only an American made (ahem) truck with a 8 foot bed is a real truck.

2) Anything except a Rutgers education is a waste of time and money.

Does that qualify as a class for the OP's education here?

Jersey Attitude 101

: P

Yeah im going to have to disagree.

Im going to stevens which is top 10 in the nation (at number 9) for "Return on Interest" (8th place if you include financial aide) meaning its one of the best for your investment in the nation. Its also Top 10 for starting salary and top 10 for mid career salary. So i think its fair to say employers dont hate us.

It has its issues, and is far from perfect, but the facts disagree with you.

So says Stevens :) EE/CS grads have a much easier time finding jobs than biz or econ undergrads these days, so they skew the stats. Administration at all colleges (Rutgers especially) tend to overpromise what they cannot possibly deliver, that is a good job when you are done. They ran master's programs at Ft. Monmouth for years, so I worked with a lot of gov't employees who were Stevens grads.  But it isn't that bad, at least it's not Glassboro State--err, Rowan--or Drew or Trenton State NJU. When I was at AT&T there weren't a lot of Stevens grads for some reason, almost all of us who went to Eng'g school in NJ went to Rutgers.

Chris, I would still hire you, even if you were a Princeton man :). But you have to go to Afghanistan and live in a plywood hut for a year just  to prove you are not some Ivy league nancy-boy ;)

Yeah im going to have to disagree.

Im going to stevens which is top 10 in the nation (at number 9) for "Return on Interest" (8th place if you include financial aide) meaning its one of the best for your investment in the nation. Its also Top 10 for starting salary and top 10 for mid career salary. So i think its fair to say employers dont hate us.

It has its issues, and is far from perfect, but the facts disagree with you.

Chris, I would still hire you, even if you were a Princeton man :). But you have to go to Afghanistan and live in a plywood hut for a year just  to prove you are not some Ivy league nancy-boy ;)

Actually, Rutgers Physics. The engineers came to.us for help with Calc. It was a fun 7 years in New Brunfus. I barely recognize the town any more.

Ft. Dix Range 14 is a good range for what it is. Cheap. Hours suck. Lines can be horrible. I have been going there since I was 14, 20 years now. CJ is where its at. Thats why I haven't renewed my 14 membership.

+1. Either get there before everyone else at the opening, or get there hours after. If you come at the opening, you can have a 2 hour wait easy. I liked going Fridays, but I think it was only open that day in the summer.

Heh.  Wow.  That's just... well, speaking from an engineering background, inaccurate at best.